Gnocchi

Options
CaptainGordo
CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
Cooking up some gnocchi! Thought you'd like to know!

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    shhhhhhh!! napping.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Yes, please. -holds plate up-.......
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What is that? I've never heard of it. And I did try to search. Nothing came back.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Damn... that sounds fantastic. Alas, we're doing it with some pesto.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I love gnocchi! How are you serving it? I had a recipe recently for it with Arugula Pesto...loved the idea, HATED how Arugula-y it was. And I adore Arugula!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    My Grandfather loved Gnocchi. I loved my Grandfather. Therefore, to me, people who eat Gnocchi are very good people. This is my method for determining who good people are. You must be a good person. This method works for me. Don't try to discredit it.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Do you deliver?
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    My Grandfather loved Gnocchi. I loved my Grandfather. Therefore, to me, people who eat Gnocchi are very good people. This is my method for determining who good people are. You must be a good person. This method works for me. Don't try to discredit it.

I like this reasoning!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

I like this reasoning!

Me too!
  • lekelly1
    Options
    Gnocchi is delicious with pesto, mmmm! Jealous.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I love gnocchi! How are you serving it? I had a recipe recently for it with Arugula Pesto...loved the idea, HATED how Arugula-y it was. And I adore Arugula!

Oooo I love arugula and love pesto. If you find that recipe, you know who to pm.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Awesome.
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I make a pretty badass gnocci dish with pesto, caramelised red onion, mushrooms, and halloumi. Not brilliantly healthy, alas =P.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    that looks good. I am going to try it, Thanks mayor
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

I have made this, words cannot express how delicious it is. The edges of the cheese get crispy.......
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Yum! I love gnocchi! Did you know you can only order it in nice restaurants in Rome on Thursdays? I don't know why, but thought I'd share that piece of possibly useless info.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Yum! I love gnocchi! Did you know you can only order it in nice restaurants in Rome on Thursdays? I don't know why, but thought I'd share that piece of possibly useless info.
    That's odd. No worries -- I love trivia.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Now I'm wanting to go back to Rome!

Gnocchi alla Romana
    In Italian, gnocchi means ‘lumps’. Restaurant menus list gnocchi dishes among pasta dishes, though they're made from substantially different ingredients. Traditional gnocchi are potato-flour dumplings. The Roman variety of this national speciality is made from semolina, a kind of durum wheat roasted in garlic butter and herbs and served with a scrumptious meat-and-grated-cheese topping. The traditional day on which Roman restaurants serve gnocchi is Thursday.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd seen this before I went to the grocery store. Gnocchi and pesto sounds divine.