What is the best POLAR HRM?

Options
What is the best POLAR HRM? Looking to get one for christmas !

Replies

• deegarcia19
    Options
    bump
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want to do with it. The F4 is fine if you always workout by yourself and do simple activities. The Ft60 and FT80 have GPS capabilities if you do a lot of outdoor activities like running and cycling. The FT7 or F6 are the best general for fitness.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have a POLAR FT 40, and LOVE it!!!!

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • polido54
    polido54 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and love it. It isn't too bulky and the heart rate monitor works great. I wanted one that had the calorie count also so this was my top choice last year. It tells you where you change from a fat burning to a fitness heart rate and how long you remain in each area during the workout. I am a fan of this HRM.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F4. It was £40 on ebay and it measures Duration, average heart rate, upper hr, Calories burnt. It doesn't have a gps but the apps on my phone manage that.
  • seven8seven
    seven8seven Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 .. i love it!
  • mhig011975
    Options
    i have a FT7 and love it as well. You can go to Amazon.com and purchase it purchase it for around $87 I believe
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and it is great....if I had to do it over again I'd get the FT7! It gives you just a bit more information and I think maybe accuracy. I like technology though. That said, the FT4 will give you an accurate calories burned count no worries :)
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just got the ft7 last week and love it.
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    i have a polar FT4M which i brought 2 days ago. in that time ive figured most of it out and it works really well. is great to know my true calorie burn. i can fully recommend it. looks smart too x
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 for women in black and gold (which coincidentally happens to be my school colors so that's a bonus) and I love it! I actually lost it for a few months and I just found it today! but it does work great and it's not too big or bulky, I actually think it looks cute! I picked it up at Target and the price wasn't too bad, maybe $120 after tax. It's more than some, but it has the chest strap which I really wanted. I don't think you can go wrong with polar, I've only heard great things about their monitors!
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Comparing the Ft4 and Ft7, which was is more accurate in the calorie burn during a workout? Have a hard time deciding which one to get.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I found an Amazon seller that sells the FT7 for 5 bucks more than the Ft4.... though I do not think it is any more accurate it stores 99 workouts vs 10 on the ft4, allows you to see if you're in the fitness HR range vs fat burning range and also has an optional datalink feature you need to spend an extra 40 to use...
    Comparing the Ft4 and Ft7, which was is more accurate in the calorie burn during a workout? Have a hard time deciding which one to get.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I found an Amazon seller that sells the FT7 for 5 bucks more than the Ft4.... though I do not think it is any more accurate it stores 99 workouts vs 10 on the ft4, allows you to see if you're in the fitness HR range vs fat burning range and also has an optional datalink feature you need to spend an extra 40 to use...

They both use the same system for calories. However, the FT4 is not coded so you can get interferences from other with HRMs.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

They both use the same system for calories. However, the FT4 is not coded so you can get interferences from other with HRMs.

That info is false.. FT4 is coded... All Polar HRM's are.

OP:
    I have the FT7 and it's wonderful. It's easy to use/set up and has given me no real issues thus far.