Remotivation

Options
I've been so down emotionally lately, and it's really led me astray in terms of motivation each day. Trying not to let loneliness and stress affect my fitness/health regimen as a whole. I still get up every day and work out, but not as hard as I did last week. I still eat low calorie, but my macros are way off - I'm going for carbs and processed foods over more filling, healthful foods. If I go over a bit, I add the calories to the next day, which means I already start with a deficit... that doesn't seem healthy.

I guess I'm just looking to be back where I was 40 days ago when I began. I had so much motivation and certainty. I've come so far already in terms of muscle gain and running, but I'm really down on myself right now and could use some help. I guess my primary issues are with choosing better foods and not feeling so down all the time.

<3 to you all.

Replies

• cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I never carry over calories from the previous day. It seems demotivating. If I go over, I take the hit, and look forward to a new opportunity, on a new day. When you do a carry over, you are reminded of your short comings from the day before. Rip off that rearview mirror. This is about today, tomorrow, and six months from now. Good luck.
  • mrsxbrightside
    Options
    I know how you feel, because I'm in the same boat. I've been in a slump because I cannot get over this weight-loss plateau! It's driving me nuts, all I wanna do is kind of gorge myself out on junk... because I'm used to seeing the scale go down, and now it's just stuck, lol. The point of the matter is that we all go through rought patches. You and I have hit a rough patch, but we have to persevere - and if we slip one day, that's okay, because we will know better tomorrow. The easiest thing in the world to do is give up... & it's easy to let feelings of depression and hopelessness overcome us, but we must keep pushing forward. If we give up now, where are we going to be? Where we were BEFORE we started MFP. I was pretty miserable 60lbs. ago. I have 65lbs. left on my journey, and I never even thought I'd lose the first 20... take a step back, look at how far you have come, and push yourself forward!
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Not every work out or everyday is going to be a homerun, you know? Sometimes you just need to go through the motions until you are mentally back in the zone. I keep going through these cycles where I am totally in the zone and feel like a million bucks, then a nose dive to 'I need to be better' or 'running kind of sucks right now' but I just keep plugging along, knowing eventually I'll get back to that great place of feeling on top of the world.

This time of year has been proving rather challenging for me so far. I saw this on MFP a while ago and I just keep saying to myself everyday.

MFP2.jpg

Its so true, and it's been keeping me going. Don't carry over calories to the next day. Shake it off and start each day fresh, each day new. Give yourself the opportunity to succed everyday - I can see how carrying over a deficit would get you down. just keep plugging along and try to focus on all the amazing things you ARE doing. Hang in there!

Teresa