IBS Support Group

Options
Does anyone belong to an IBS Support Group on MFP? I tried searching under the Groups tab, but none came up.

Replies

• rochey1098
    Options
    I used to suffer from IBS quite badly, was diagnosed as a child... there wasn't even a nice name for it back then, they called it spastic colon.

Oddly enough since I've reduced my calorie intake and started eating more vegetables it hasn't shown its ugly head. I hope all goes well for you, I know that abdominal pain all too well
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! I would love to have support for my IBS...not a topic to bring up with everyone so a group would be great.
  • vsharkey
    vsharkey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mine had been behaving quite well for a while, but I'm in the middle of a flare that started last night. Even my medicine isn't quite stopping the pain. :(
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Mine had been behaving quite well for a while, but I'm in the middle of a flare that started last night. Even my medicine isn't quite stopping the pain. :(

Go for a fast walk or a nice hot bath :smile:
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shannonichole
    Options
    I was diagnosed with severe IBS as a child and found out recently that I actually have multiple food allergies.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Bump! I was diagnosed but found that I have multiple food allergies as well. Things aren't completely normal for me even with allergies under control but close...I'd love to know about a group on here though.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried a probiotic? It saved me. I will never go off of it. :smile:
  • Dr_Farru
    Dr_Farru Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My IBS flared up again a couple of weeks ago and has been a pain since! :S
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I also recently had a major food allergy test. Found out I have alot of intolerances. My major symptom is extreme bloating though- I mean I look 9 months pregnant daily and cannot get rid of the water weight. I might end up starting a group- seems that there are alot of interested people and IBS is unfortuantely and umbrella for "We don't know what is wrong with you."
  • skindeepp
    Options
    I have IBS too! Would love a support group! I'm in!
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i also suffer from IBS... we should start a group! since i've lost weight and have been eating better it hasn't been as bad though...
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'd be in for a support group too.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    OK everyone i started a group for us. just go to groups and search IBS Sufferers.
  • teachfl2
    Options
    I have IBS too! Would love a support group! I'm in!

Skindeep....you crack me up!
  • teachfl2
    Options
    Okay everyone I started a group- go to community, groups, and search IBS Support Group. It should be set to public so I think you just hit join group!
  • teachfl2
    Options
    OK everyone i started a group for us. just go to groups and search IBS Sufferers.

Sorry...didn't see that you started a group. I must have been creating one when you were writing this! So now we will have two!!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    cant find anything in groups currently.
    anyone still active be kind enough to post the link pleae?
    i see many post daily where this resource would be very informative.
    TIA.