17 Day Diet

Options
I wanted to try this diet just to work on food tolerance as well as to jump start my weight loss. I started MFP last year, lost 21lbs, stopped around the holidays and gained back 11 lbs up until today :( I am not motivated. But I was thinking if I could jump start my weight loss, maybe that would be motivation....?? Thoughts?? Has anyone tried this diet with success? I am not usually one to go for fad diets, but this seems very manageable and more about learning tolderace and then adding food back in gradually which is what every liefstyle change is about anyways right?

Replies

• kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    when I decreased my calories to around the amount mfp suggested, and kicked up my work out routine, it DID jumpstart my weightloss. I lost 5 lbs the first week, it slowed from there, but that was enough motivation for me. I don't recommend any other way of doing it.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's more of a transition into a lifestyle change than a fad diet. I did the first phase for 21 days (because of a couple cheats) and lost 12 lbs - it was my "jump start" too. After that, I didn't do well with the second phase, so just went back to logging on MFP. I kept off all the weight and continued losing :) I personally think it's great!! You might get a lot of responses about it being a "fad diet," and useless, but I just don't see it that way... anyway, good luck with whatever you do!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    A dude I work with just did the 17 day diet. He lost 11 lbs on it. He said it wasn't bad at all really. I think he cheated once or twice but yea. Good luck! :)
  • jmikels67
    Options
    My hubby's doc wants him to try this to give him a weightloss jump start, and to work on rebalancing body chemicals. Of course that means we all will be doing it since I'm the cook of the family. It should be interesting to see what the results of the first 17 day cycle are - I'm sure that will determine where we go from there. I've been reading the book, and it does seem to have some sound principles. We will probably start sometime this week - I'll let you know here how we do!
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    I did the 17 day diet & had great results with it. It's definitely NOT a fad diet. It's simple, clean eating. Go for it!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the encouragement! I am glad to see others thinking the way I was thinking :)
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've done the 17 day diet and its ok but I like just counting cals better.
  • Journey2Myself
    Options
    Two women at my work are doing it and I only see them with salads and they always seem very irritable now..
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of doing it now. I just started about a week ago, so, I haven't even completed the first 17 day cycle. I haven't weighed in a few days, but I was down about 5 pounds a few days ago. It is very simple in its principles, and I haven't been hungry or feeling too deprived. I also log my calories on MFP just to make sure I'm staying within normal range. But yeah, I'd recommend giving it a try. It's really motivating to see big changes at the start, keeps me on track when I'm feeling like eating!

(Btw, lean protein is a huge part of the diet, so anyone just eating salads is doing it wrong.)