60 Minutes & 'Natural Flavors' segment

Options
Oh Boy! Did anyone see this tonight?!?!? I knew American Food Industry was a load of chemicals and who knows what else but see the people who work for the Mega-companies who make these 'flavorings and natural flavors' and do research say on TV, 'my job is to find a flavoring that will make you addictive'....but yet later try and clean it up and say 'No, just to make you remember the taste and want more'...what is the difference?!?!? Ugh! Then the 'powers' complain we are too fat and we all have too many health issues related to being fat....this is why I WILL FIGHT AND ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO EAT MORE WHOLE FOODS!!!!!!! I KNOW WE ARE NOT PERFECT AND THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM PROMOTING BUT THE SYSTEM IS DESIGNED TO MAKE YOU FAIL ALL B/C OF THE MIGHTY DOLLAR. WE MUST FIGHT TOGETHER AND EAT BETTER!!!!!!! ROAR!!!!!!!!!!

IF you want a banana smoothie make your own and yes use a REAL banana!!!!!!

Replies

• LelitaB
    Options
    I could not agree more! All the fake 'things' that are stuffed into foods make for unhealthy bodies!

Get things as natural and close to nature as possible!

Go on you for posting this!! Its so true... we all need to learn about REAL food and take charge of our health!

So agree with you!
  • val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    just watched that as well!!! gross!! that's all I can say!!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This is why buying organic is so important--the more consumers that do, the more it will drive the cost down. That 60 Minutes segment was d-i-s-t-u-r-b-i-n-g. Same reason I've never liked "butter flavor" popcorn: it's FAKE. You get what you pay for, sadly.
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    AMAZON WOMAN YOU ARE THE WOMAN!! YES, I'M 100% BEHIND YOU ON THIS ONE!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!! Plus let's not forget.... Cooking from scratch means we Burn me before we eat em! :tongue:
  • lgammy
    lgammy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Vote with your pocketbook. Buy real, whole foods and the "food industry" will respond.