Back to the gym

Options
Hey everyone, I am rejoining the gym tomorrow. I am looking to lose 20ish (More would be great!) lbs, I am 19, and would like to see results sooner rather than later (who wouldn't!) to stay motivated.

SO I was wondering if this would be a good workout schedule for me.

Cardio 3x a week (Could I do more than that?)
Weight 3x a week

Replies

• cdalt24
    Options
    bump
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great plan, I know my days off I will walk and do weights and the cardio days I just do cardio!
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Sounds fine as long as you're not working the same muscle groups on consecutive days with heavy weights. Everything else is pretty much personal preference I reckon
  • mrwall1
    Options
    i was wondering also, The YMCA is offering, a no initiation fee if you have been a member before, til dec 31st.. when i was a member before, i just followed a couple of other guys from machine to machine... i was only used to free weights. when i was younger.. but would like to get the use out of the machines more... so i am curious to the answer also....

my plan is to do the treadmill everyday there, but maybe every other day weights also??

(sorry ischroeter, not trying to hijack your post... just would like to know also...)