NSV - Walking

Options
AshDHart
AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
I just walked a tad over a mile! This might not seem a lot for most people, but it's a small miracle for me! My back didn't hurt and I was able to keep up a decent pace of 2.3 mph while pulling my oxygen tank along. Just six months ago, I couldn't walk more than ten minutes without my back killing me and it was at a turtle's pace.

A month ago I walked a half-mile in about the same time it took me to walk a mile today! I finally feel like I won't be a turtle for the rest of my life!

walking112711.jpg

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. You are on track and you're going to be running that mile one day.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep on keeping on! :flowerforyou:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    that's awesome ;)
  • AlanWarren
    Options
    Great for you be consistent, be persistent and most of all be balanced so you can keep it up :smile:
  • Espichick11
    Options
    That is great news! Keep it up!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!!!!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a big thing!
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news ! Congratulations on your progress !
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news ! Congratulations on your progress !
  • bee55
    bee55 Posts: 5
    Options
    I've started over so many times. I'm really going to try to stick with this! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! You have inspired me...thank you!
  • zee_baybee
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!
  • zee_baybee
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!
  • zee_baybee
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!
  • zee_baybee
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful!!! I remember the first time I could jog around the block without feeling like I was about to die, so I know how you feel.
    GREAT JOB!!!!
  • zee_baybee
    Options
    Sorry I posted a billion times. Computer freaked out for a second, lol
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. You are on track and you're going to be running that mile one day.

Running seems so foreign of an idea! But at my last pulmonologist visit he told me that with the improvements I have made and if I keep it up I could run marathons in the future!
    I've started over so many times. I'm really going to try to stick with this! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! You have inspired me...thank you!

I started and stopped and started and stopped all summer but finally seem to have hit my rhythm. You can do it!
    That is so wonderful!!! I remember the first time I could jog around the block without feeling like I was about to die, so I know how you feel.
    GREAT JOB!!!!

It really feels great! I never thought I would run again but I'm beginning to see that it can happen!
    Sorry I posted a billion times. Computer freaked out for a second, lol

Just lots of enthusiasm! :flowerforyou:
  • cunnine
    Options
    1 mile, That's great, keep on keeping on.
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love your map, and your success. We can do *anything*, Ashley:-)
  • kodijhill
    kodijhill Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    your my inspriration i struggle so much and take things for granted but seeing that a strong willed woman like you can conquer anything i am inspired to conquer my own thanks!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!