I ruined it....

Options
Since Wednesday evening I have had this magnetic attraction to food! It's still going tonight (Sunday night).
I am so scared to weight myself tomorrow. I wanted to reach a goal by December and I am 100% sure I won't:sad:
I know I need to just brush myself and start over again but I am just so mad at myself for letting myself get to this point.
At this rate, I will never reach my goal:sad:

Replies

• mrwall1
    Options
    Thats all you can do... i ate horribly all week long! i havnt gained any weight, so i think my exercising offset the eating,,,,
  • Kyliechristie
    Options
    So you let slip for a few days....nobody's perfect. But if you let this slip determine failure - you are right, you will never reach your goals. Get back on track now, don' t wait til tomorrow!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's another day. Just don't let another day go by that you don't control what you put in your mouth. You might now reach your goal, but that's ok. You just have to STOP now.....

12117749.png
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, start all over again!

you can do it!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, start all over again!

you can do it!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Yes you need to just brush yourself off and get back on the wagon. I have fell off the wagon several times and I just get back up and jump back on. Doing it now actually.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I did so bad this week with Thanksgiving, but am back on track. You can!!! :)
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    You've only failed if you stop trying to succeed.

Just hop back on the wagon and start again!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    You may not reach your December goal, but if you stop and get back on track now, you WILL reach it at some point - and isn't reaching it in January or February a lot better than never reaching it? Try going for a walk, or taking a bubble bath, or something to distract you from the food temptations.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to hormones. Forgive yourself, get back on track.

Keep track of your cycle, then you will realize it's not a lack of willpower, it's hormones driving your cravings. Really, they are so powerful at this stage in our lives (I see you are close to my age). Be easy on yourself. Tracking your cycle will really open your eyes, you will be surprised by how 'good' you are most of the month, then all the sudden, your willpower is turned on its ear. It's not your fault, you can control it, just don't let it control you. Keep track and schedule any cheat days you have around that time, when you really, really need it.

Take care... hope this helps a little. Go easy on yourself, you're only human!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Ruin is a bad word....you have ruined it if you drop dead right now. You might have stalled, but as long as you are still alive and kicking you can still get back up on that horse.
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You've only failed if you stop trying to succeed.

Just hop back on the wagon and start again!

So much great advice and encourageing words!!! You are not alone ~ breathe deep and keep moving forward.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Oh boy I am right there with you! I was down 45lbs Thursday morning, that was another pound down. By the time I went to bed Thursday night I had gained 8lbs!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!? Yeah, gross! And I'm still up 8lbs. I haven't worked out since Thursday morning when I did the Turkey Trot. And I've pretty much ate whatever I wanted. So I am back at it tomorrow and I will get this 8lbs off and remind myself that those 8lbs could have been new pounds instead of a re-loss because of my choices. But I won't beat myself up about it, because I know that there are going to be times that things don't go perfectly and this teaches us how to deal with it without dropping back into old bad habits. We know how to fix this now, and we will!! You didn't ruin anything, its just a setback. Good luck!!!!!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Forget New Years Resolution .... Join the NEW DAY REVOLUTION. Get on the roller coaster baby, NOW and GO !!!
  • jsharpnack
    jsharpnack Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think we all indulge a bit on holidays.....I just made sure I worked out longer tonight. I am back on track as of today.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Reality check---its THANKSGIVING!! Let's all circle those wagons we fell off, jump back on and keep on rolling!
  • Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    You didn't "ruin" anything. That was my worst pattern of thinking. I skipped working out 4 days in a row:( ANd Thanksgiving and company didn't help with my eating! But instead of seeing it as failing, I just thought - back to it! And went to the gym today:) Good luck! You got this!
  • AISIGO
    AISIGO Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. You all are great!
    I wish I had support in real life as well. Oh well, I will have to rely on my cyber friends to help me achieve my goals.
    Thanks again!
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter a piddle what you did yesterday, last week, last year, or last decade.. Not one iota.

What does matter is what you do tomorrow.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I feel really gross too!!!! I think I gained only about a (real) pound or so, but it's just the icky feeling of overeating and being bloated! I hate it and am looking forward to starting work tomorrow, where it will be easier to stick to a structured meal plan again (I hope). Overall it's not a big deal, and I hope the feeling today reminds me to do better tomorrow :ohwell: At least you're not alone...