For All The Shortys 5 foot or around there

Options
Hey im 5 ft i dont like being 5 ft cause every 5 pounds looks like 10 i am 60 lbs overweight and ive never been skinny but i would like to know of people my height (or around) who have lost this much weight or more and if yall would show pics and success stories i need some motivation im finding it hard to get up and do things

i would like to get down to about a size 3 or at least to where im comfy in my own skin... thanks

Replies

• DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and feel your pain. :sad: Its frustrating how 5lbs look like 10.
  • brit7880
    brit7880 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have more than 60lbs to lose and so far have lost 53... but i feel your pain. You can do it! Just keep exercising and eating healthy!
  • snowfox92
    snowfox92 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm five foot two and I don't get that at all. People always assume I weigh a lot less than I actually do, and when I gain weight they don't think it's as much as I actually do. I feel like I weigh more than I do, but that's just me.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I'm 5' and a 1/2 inch ( that .5 inch MATTERS! :laugh: )

I started this journey off @ 162.5 back in March 2011- but my highest weight was at the beginning of 2011 @ 166.0
    I've gone slow and taken off a total of 45 lbs- but also have lost 5 inches all around,
    reached a healthy BMI and Body Fat %

I was not focused on a particular end weight- per se- as some charts say I should weigh between 100-115.
    Been there, not doing it again. It's too hard to maintain.

So I'm in maintenance mode right now- trying to *figure out* how THAT works....
    as far as clothing goes, I like shopping in the ladies' dep't- I don't really want to wear Miley Cyrus clothing. I'm a grandma.
    I also don't want to wear a training bra again. I like having some curves
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'2''! And just think ladies, if 5 pounds looks like 10, it goes the other way too! If we lose 5 pounds, it will look like we lost 10! :wink: We look lots better with less work! hahaha! :laugh:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and very muscular, hardest thing to find was petite clothes in size 19/20, much easier to find in size 14( and waning), YAY me!!
  • chrisanglin
    Options
    I'm 5' and a 1/2 inch ( that .5 inch MATTERS! :laugh: )

I started this journey off @ 162.5 back in March 2011- but my highest weight was at the beginning of 2011 @ 166.0
    I've gone slow and taken off a total of 45 lbs- but also have lost 5 inches all around,
    reached a healthy BMI and Body Fat %

I was not focused on a particular end weight- per se- as some charts say I should weigh between 100-115.
    Been there, not doing it again. It's too hard to maintain.

So I'm in maintenance mode right now- trying to *figure out* how THAT works....
    as far as clothing goes, I like shopping in the ladies' dep't- I don't really want to wear Miley Cyrus clothing. I'm a grandma.
    I also don't want to wear a training bra again. I like having some curves

i dont have many curves in the upper region if you know what i mean but i think i where to lose weight it would go away anyways so why even worry about that lol...
  • monahharris
    Options
    I'm 5'0 on a GOOD day I'm petite yet curvy .. does that even make sense? Lol I have a bigger tush and semi big hips! Yikes..
  • suzancarroll
    Options
    I am 4' 11 and 3/4". I have a 80lbs to loose all together. I have lost it before, it does show on short people more than tall at least that is my opinion.
  • alikat_56
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and want to lose 70 lbs. I have curves that looked ok when I was smaller. Now that I'm big my hips look gigantic. I have a friend who is 5'10" with 70 lbs to lose but it's all in her stomach. So with her height and figure, she still looks a bit overweight and can disguise it with the right clothes. I look all hips and nothing covers all hips. When I lose, I lose all over. At least my bust doesn't go first.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and I personally have to do a dramatic change in eating and exercise to get my weightloss into gear. I was 150 pushing a 16, and now I'm anywhere between 114-116 size 7/8. I keep being told I'm too skinny so be careful about the 3. At 112 I was not as comfortable. You'll get there. We are often more capable than we give ourselves credit. You are a gift and worth the effort. Victory lies in weight for you, go and grasp that which is yours. Be blessed and journey on.
  • Moosecadet
    Moosecadet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here are two pictures about a year apart. I am 4'10" and have currently lost around 65 pounds. I have also undergone a dramatic eating and exercise lifestyle change. It is hard work and requires persistence. You CAN do it, just stick to it!

april1.jpg
    april2.jpg
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hey im 5 ft i dont like being 5 ft cause every 5 pounds looks like 10 i am 60 lbs overweight and ive never been skinny but i would like to know of people my height (or around) who have lost this much weight or more and if yall would show pics and success stories i need some motivation im finding it hard to get up and do things

i would like to get down to about a size 3 or at least to where im comfy in my own skin... thanks

I'm 5'2" and started at 157 lbs. Here's my story: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bjohs/view/down-30-pounds-response-to-questions-114202

Edit to add: And remember... we're not short, we're fun size. :)
  • coreymusonda
    coreymusonda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am around 5'2" (with shoes on, he he). I started at 180.0 and Thanksgiving morning weighed in at 145.0. My first goal is to reach a "healthy" BMI which is under 136, but at that point I may keep going and aim for lower 120s. I was 135 on my wedding day and I know that I felt very healthy at that weight. Even though I am short I am not really petite in structure and have always been an athlete so I never worried about losing weight when I was 135. However, now that I am in my 30s and a mom more so than an athlete, it may be time to shoot lower. Thanks for sharing everyone, it's nice to hear all of your stories!
  • tanyar23
    tanyar23 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and have noticed a huge difference since losing weight. I've lost 26 pounds and love the difference I've seen in my stomach and arms. I hear you on the the impact of weight gain while short. It does also make a dramatic difference when we lose weight.
  • weightlosswonderwoman
    Options
    Feeling the pain of being a shortie!
    I'm Australian, so I had to look up how tall I am and it turns out I'm around 5'2"
    As soon as I put on weight, I look like a blob!
    Some definition would be nice :(
    Also, if any of you fellow fun-sized people would like to add me, feel free :D
  • Kyliechristie
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'2''! And just think ladies, if 5 pounds looks like 10, it goes the other way too! If we lose 5 pounds, it will look like we lost 10! :wink: We look lots better with less work! hahaha! :laugh:

So so true!
  • chrisanglin
    Options
    i think that my husbands tallness makes up for my height he is 6'4

that means something right?!