How soon did you see results from elliptical?

Options
I'm a big girl with a small frame; 5'4" and 230 something lbs. :/ I've tried running but my poor feet are shot from my bad body figure, so I'm switching to the elliptical until I let up on the feet strain.

Of course, I plan to stay within my allotted daily calories and work out the majority of the week, if not every day when the work schedule permits.

Question is, how long does it take to start seeing results from using the elliptical alone with a body mass like my own?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You ses results based on your diet - not elliptical
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Im very close to your height/weight. I lost 30lbs using stictly the elliptical! You can (should) be able to change the resistance as well.

Also used weights though!!!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    The last time I lost weight I did it using an elliptical alone. I followed an online program and I started losing weight immediately. I lost about 10kgs before I stopped.

This time around I'm doing weights along-side the cardio, and not only am I losing weight much more consistently, but my body shape is changing much faster.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Tuesday at 7.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    There's nothing special about the elliptical v. other machines that would cause a difference in the rate of change. Your loss will be determined based on the calorie deficit you achieve through diet and exercise, whether that be through elliptical, walking, running, spinning around, etc.
  • talithag
    Options
    What do you mean by results?

If you mean increased stamina and ability, and muscle tone, I'd say in a week or so. I started seeing real changes in my ability to simply stay on the machine longer after 2 or 3 days, and to push harder and go faster. The elliptical is a huge help if you need relief from the stress of pounding on the ground or treadmill, I agree with that completely.

As far as weight loss, I don't see it being any different than anything else.

Good luck!

10458506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mandaglam
    Options
    i can't say exactly how long it will be to see results but it is my fave cardio at the gym and it helped me lose 40 lbs
    try changing the resistance everytime your on it!