what are some good breakfast foods low in calories?

Options
I'm not a fan of cereal :/ and neither on peanut butter or yogurt. I usually have like 15 min left by the time I am already for work before I have to leave. Any suggestions?

Replies

• westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs (I boil a dozen on Sunday and am good for the week) and/or protein shakes are typically my go-to items. I also like Greek yogurt with walnuts mixed in -- that might be worth trying if you haven't already, since it tastes different from regular yogurt.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I like tomato soup for breakfast :D

Why does it have to be breakfast foods? Eat whatever you want! :]
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    What about a fruit smoothie? with some berries, spinich, bananas or whatever you like. You could chop up the food the night before and keep it in the fridge to blast in the morning, yum.
  • lucylue21
    Options
    35 calorie bread toasted with a tablespoon of sugar free jelly on it. get two pieces of toast for a total of 80 calores
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Fruit! Pick nearly any piece of fruit and I bet you it is under 100 calories!
    *If you are watching sugar intake bananas aren't the best choice because they have a lot of sugar!*

Fiber bars
    Special K, Fiber Plus.
    - there are tons of them out there and they're taste great and have lot of fiber!

Cereal bars
    They're fast and some of them have vitamins in them.

Cliff bar
    -Cliff bars are granola, energy bars with all your vitamins and fiber, they are really good and 70% organic!
    *The have about 230 calories though but they are very filling.,
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    everyday i eat OATMEAL! becasue its full of yummy fibre and stays with me until lunch. I've recently started using milk instead of water and then adding cinnamon and brown sugar with more milk after. if i use water i always add a handful of frozen raspberries or banana.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I like my 100 calorie bagel thins :love:
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Cream of wheat
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sunny Boy or Red River hot cereal (130 calories and 150 calories per serving respectively)

Takes 5 minutes to cook, and if you cut up some fruit (peach, apple) while it's cooking, and throw it in at the end, it will cool it right down for you to eat fast!

I've made it every single day for 3 months and I still love it
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    The Clif Builder Bar is what my husband and I both usually have for breakfast on weekdays. We're not morning people, so breakfast doesn't happen otherwise. The chocolate peanut butter is our favorite, and it's about 270 calories/bar.

You really don't want to go with something like fruit simply because it's nothing but sugar (even though it's natural) and has very little protein, if any. You definitely want to start your morning off with some protein and some fiber to keep you fuller longer. You can have fruit WITH it, but it shouldn't be the only thing you have for breakfast. Avoid cereal bars that may seem to be low in calories, because a lot of them can be very high in sugar and have a lot of processed junk that you don't need. Clif bars are great because they're not overly processed and still taste really good. Zone Perfect bars are really good, too, and have a little crunch to them if that's something you might like.

I'm not an oatmeal person (texture is NASTY), but if that's something you like, it's a quick, easy breakfast that you can take with you. Sometimes when I'm desperate I'll take 1/2 cup oats and just cook them in the microwave in a coffee cup once I get to work.

If you don't like regular yogurt, try greek yogurt - some brands pack a decent amount of protein in them and aren't too bad if you add a little fruit and some stevia (organic sweetener).

Just whatever you do - don't skip breakfast!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Eggs and cheese, some fruit, cold cuts..
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
  • Clare_F
    Options
    I always start my day with a fresh fruit smoothie made with fat free natural yoghurt and 2 or 3 different fruits, so many different mixes to try ! works out 200-250 calories and is a good mix of vitamins, protein and carbs and fibre depending on the fruit chosen.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Fruit sligthly coated with peanut butter then covered with granola.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Fruit sligthly coated with peanut butter then covered with granola.

that sounds super good. O-O
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything for breakfast!

I used to make breakfast burritos for the whole week and freeze them. All you have to do it pop them in the microwave and you can eat them on the way to work. Depending on what you put in them, they can be pretty low calorie!

Fruit smoothies/protein shakes are a good option, too!
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites and one whole egg scrambled. I put it on sandwich thin wheat bread from Costco. 224 calories with balanced protein and carbs.
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    i eat 1 cup of cherrios and 1/2 cup 2% milk thats a total of 170 calories!!!
  • bexominglex
    bexominglex Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes mixed with water or skim milk in the blender are fast and fairly low in calories.

I also like to cut up some celery, cucumber and carrots and eat with low-calorie dips or salsa or hummus. Egg white omelets. Rice crackers. Low-sugar juice watered down with water (50% water) add some ice, maybe a banana, and blend.