THOSE NAGGING MIDDLE-OF-THE-NIGHT CRAVINGS!

Options
Hey, everyone! I'm fairly new to MFP and I've been logging for 10 days now. So far so good! But I was hoping for some suggestions on how to fight those late night cravings on those nights when I can't sleep and get a little hungry.

Replies

• rochey1098
    Options
    This might not be the most ideal solution but it works for me, I eat smaller meals so that I can have a fourth one later
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I usually keep a few calories so that I can have a snack in the evening. I hate to go to bed hungry!
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you have a few calories left, you could snack on a handful of almonds to stay full.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i give in, eat what i want and then burn it off the next day by doing a huge workout! i did 110 minutes of exercise to compensate fro waht i ate and ive been losing lbs!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Someone posted a recipe on here for frozen protein logs (?) and I didn't care for the shape or the coldness. I adapted the recipe for my night time right before bed snack, and it really satisfies!

1/2 Cup Whole Grain Oats
    1 packet Kroger Dutch Hot Cocoa Mix (fat free and only 25 calories)
    1 (almost) heaping teaspoon Natural Peanut Butter
    Put above ingredients in bowl and add water- 1 tablespoon at a time - and mix til you get desired consistency.

I don't shape it or freeze it. I eat it right from the bowl like that. ;-)

eta: use uncooked oats. Comes out to ~270 calories.
  • Ginger102586
    Ginger102586 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions! Thank you for your help, guys. :-)
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I watched on "You Are What You Eat" once and if you have some cravings then you can try brushing your teeth, they said something about how the minty-ness of the toothpaste curbs your appetite. :)
  • sallytx
    sallytx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Try hot tea with lemon....and maybe one square of dark chocolate...yum.....the tea kinda melts the chocolate in a nice way. and then the tea will keep you company...especially with the colder weather.....good luck!