Options
maclac
maclac Posts: 2 Member
Hi there. I found this site a week ago. I've always been a bit on the bigger side rather than the smaller side, but since getting married 14 years ago, i've put on quite a bit of weight. I've tried so many diets and would lose 20 pounds and then gain 22. Lose 5 pounds, gain 6, etc etc etc. I'm so tired of that!! So when i found this site last week i decided to try this diet - counting calories instead of depriving myself, and so far it's working. I've lost 5 pounds in 1 week! I:smile: I know this bigger weight loss is going to start evening out soon and it'll be more around 1 or 2 pounds a week, but this has been a giant motivator for me. I'm not depriving myself of the foods i love, rather it's portion control. But i do have to admit that portion control sucks! :noway: i'm so hungry most of the day. I have to keep telling myself that what i ate is enough. it's enough. it's enough. after eating i'm not satisfied, but i'm not hungry either. I'm not a very active person - i sit at a desk all day at work, come home and do the usualy household chores and then sit on the couch all night. i'm not disciplined enough to exercise. I can't afford to join a gym, although if i could i think that would help; i'd be more inclined to exercise somewhere outside of my home instead of the glider in my bedroom. Oh well, one step at a time.

Thank you for all your support in this site. I can't wait to start sharing more success!!!

Good luck to all!!

Replies

• maclac
    maclac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I found this site a week ago. I've always been a bit on the bigger side rather than the smaller side, but since getting married 14 years ago, i've put on quite a bit of weight. I've tried so many diets and would lose 20 pounds and then gain 22. Lose 5 pounds, gain 6, etc etc etc. I'm so tired of that!! So when i found this site last week i decided to try this diet - counting calories instead of depriving myself, and so far it's working. I've lost 5 pounds in 1 week! I:smile: I know this bigger weight loss is going to start evening out soon and it'll be more around 1 or 2 pounds a week, but this has been a giant motivator for me. I'm not depriving myself of the foods i love, rather it's portion control. But i do have to admit that portion control sucks! :noway: i'm so hungry most of the day. I have to keep telling myself that what i ate is enough. it's enough. it's enough. after eating i'm not satisfied, but i'm not hungry either. I'm not a very active person - i sit at a desk all day at work, come home and do the usualy household chores and then sit on the couch all night. i'm not disciplined enough to exercise. I can't afford to join a gym, although if i could i think that would help; i'd be more inclined to exercise somewhere outside of my home instead of the glider in my bedroom. Oh well, one step at a time.

Thank you for all your support in this site. I can't wait to start sharing more success!!!

Good luck to all!!
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I too struggled with smaller portion sizes. I have to say it does get easier as time goes by. It felt as if my stomach shrank over time.
    I found that drinking tea between meals helps. Tea has 0 calories so long as you don't add sugar or cream.
    Also beets, carrots, are low calorie snacks between meals that require chewing.
    For exercise i go for a 30 minute walk in my neighborhood. It is free and does not require an expensive gym membership, special clothing, or room for exercise machines. good luck!
  • sportsmomof2
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I am new too...I just joined last week and am looking forward to my first weigh in tomorrow.

I do understand the portion control aspect. It is difficult. But we will get through it!

Have a wonderful week!