How much did you lose in 3 weeks?

I need some motivation! Ah, I have started back up on my exercise and calorie counting today and I'm not in as bad of shape as I thought I was but I still need some motivation. Do you think it's possible to lose 8 lb. in 3 weeks?

Replies

• Of fat would be hard to do IMO and not a good pace.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    That's nearly 3 pounds a week... so I'm going to say that it's not very likely at your current size.

But, if you get back to eating well and exercising you will be well on your way to losing weight and getting healthier.
    Don't sit around and wait for motivation to strike, just get planning meals and moving!
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    I started this website July 14th and was on the site regligiously until about a week after school started (Sept. 16th) In that time I lost 12lbs. Then I stopped loggin calories and gained back 7lbs. On October 31st I started using this website again and so far I have lost 5lbs of the 7lbs I gained back :D

Eat healthy, Log your calories, Eat enough, Exercise, Drink Lots Of Water. :D

8lbs in 3wks is asking a bit much, but if this isnt something that your body is used to, you probably will lose a great deal of weight in the first month; dont worry too much with numbers :D the weight will come off maybe not in the amount that you want, but it will come off :D
  • Clinno
    Clinno Posts: 123 Member
    I have lost 19lbs in 6 weeks and most of it was in the 1st 4 weeks so I definitely think you can :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    See how your first week goes - it's not unusual to drop more than the usual 2lb in that first week. Given that you don't have a huge amount to lose, after your first week, I'd aim for the healthy 2lb. You might still manage the 8lb if the first week goes well.

Above all, don't stress about it. You've taken a step in the direction of good health. That's really what counts.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    I need some motivation! Ah, I have started back up on my exercise and calorie counting today and I'm not in as bad of shape as I thought I was but I still need some motivation. Do you think it's possible to lose 8 lb. in 3 weeks?

depends how much you need to lose!!! in the beginning I could do that easily...now I am lucky to lose that in 3 months!!

also depends how motivated you are...if you are PERFECT for those 3 weeks with your diet and exercise (and you have enough to lose) then I would say yeah!
  • amakayg
    amakayg Posts: 172 Member
    thanks everyone! My goal weight is 115 so I guess I have about 40lb or a lil over to go.
  • Becxox
    Becxox Posts: 52 Member
    I have lost 19lbs in 6 weeks and most of it was in the 1st 4 weeks so I definitely think you can :)

Wow how did you do it?
  • amakayg

How did you do it?
  • meerkat70

How did you do it?

If you have a fair bit to lose, it's not unusual to lose this much in your first month or two. However, if you have less to lose, the only weigh to achieve this kind of very substantial loss is through unhealthy and / or unsustainable means.

Ask yourself whether you want to lose it fast, or lose it full stop. Ask yourself whether you want to be healthy. Focus on healthy eating.

When I started on MFP I lose 7lb in my first week. That kind of loss isn't uncommon for a first week. But you'll tend to find that kind of loss amongst those with more to lose. And I did it by following the standard programme, eating well and exercising moderately. That's how I've lost all my weight.

Just focus on being healthy. Seriously.
  • Clinno

How did you do it?

If you have a fair bit to lose, it's not unusual to lose this much in your first month or two. However, if you have less to lose, the only weigh to achieve this kind of very substantial loss is through unhealthy and / or unsustainable means.

Ask yourself whether you want to lose it fast, or lose it full stop. Ask yourself whether you want to be healthy. Focus on healthy eating.

When I started on MFP I lose 7lb in my first week. That kind of loss isn't uncommon for a first week. But you'll tend to find that kind of loss amongst those with more to lose. And I did it by following the standard programme, eating well and exercising moderately. That's how I've lost all my weight.

Just focus on being healthy. Seriously.

I started out at only 24% fat and needed to lose about 32lbs so I wasn't all that large to start with. I did lots of brisk walking 20-30km a week, some light weights and strength exercises on a 1200 net calorie diet, lots of salads lots of water (3ltr a day) and regular snacks rather than large meals.
  • amakayg
    That's the calorie goal I had set for myself also. And today I went over it because my grandma cooks on Sunday and it's not healthy. I wasn't sure how many calories were in the sweet potato pie either and I boy do I wish I didn't eat that! lol

I'm sure I can probably do it if I really want to! Thank you so much for the incouragement!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    point being....yes it MAY be possible, but I don't recommend you doing it the "wrong" way (not eating enough, pills, etc...) to acheive it, or you will just gain it back again!

log everything, enter a 2lb/wk goal into MFP and follow the amount of cals it gives you! throw in some cardio at least 3 times/week, and drink your water...the rest is history!!!

your body will do what it wants, and if you do everything the "right" way it should stay off easier for you :)

good luck!
  • meerkat70
    1200 with significant physical exercise is really not enough food to support your activity. But it sounds like you're both pretty convinced of the rightness of hitting this thing at a crashing speed, so I'll just wish you the very best of luck.
  • meerkat70
    point being....yes it MAY be possible, but I don't recommend you doing it the "wrong" way (not eating enough, pills, etc...) to acheive it, or you will just gain it back again!

log everything, enter a 2lb/wk goal into MFP and follow the amount of cals it gives you! throw in some cardio at least 3 times/week, and drink your water...the rest is history!!!

your body will do what it wants, and if you do everything the "right" way it should stay off easier for you :)

good luck!

Yes! What the person who's lost 104lb says! (Well done, by the way. I bet you feel amazing for that!)
  • Clinno
    No way in hell have I done this the 'wrong' way, Remember on a 1200 'net' calorie diet, if you burn calories exercising you can eat more! I found it easy and I never went hungry but everyone is different. You'll find what method is comfortable for you :)