too much fun

So I had some friends round and clearly overindulged (with both food - mostly cheeses, and alcohol - mostly wines). This is not a huge problem in itself but coming into the festive season with so many parties and so much yummy food it has made me realise that unless I figure out a way not to go OTT I will reverse all my good work from the last 5 weeks (lost 5 kilos). It is also really difficult to get up and exercise when hungover :/
Any help / suggestions / strategies?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    You probably won't undo all your progress with a few holiday parties. I would suggest that you work hard on your non-party days and aside from that, allow yourself a little fun during the holiday.

Now this doesn't mean you use this as an excuse to go out and get silly for the next 3 weeks straight. Be real with yourself.

Stick to your diet plan and workout hard and when christmas (or whatever holiday you are celebrating) comes around and you have a few parties to go to, go have fun.

You'll still end up making progress unless for some reason you're partying for a few weeks straight.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Lots of water in between the alcohol - fills up your stomach, makes you eat less and more important drink less. Also, some wise food choices prior to party. I am going out with colleagues and stuff over the next weeks, but as we preordered meals at the pub, it was pretty easy to pick a less overindulgend option. Now, I am bit on the lucky side as lately I can't drink wine without having massive heartburns and in this case it helps me a lot during the festive season
  • Sayne
    Sayne Posts: 23
    Thanks Sidesteal and CouchSpud.