How bad is a 50g packet of peanuts and raisins?

Options
Cos shew, there are a lot of calories in that little packet :-(

Replies

• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I know!!! Hate that nuts are so high calorie!!
  • Kuruschka
    Kuruschka Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Should I avoid it?
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Most nuts/butters are gonna be pretty calorie dense so it'd be wise to have it in moderation. How does it fit into the rest of your diet?
  • rochey1098
    Options
    lol apparently a handful of nuts each day is great for you... trouble is i can't keep em in the house because i love them so much
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    high calorie sure, but has healthy fats in it which is good :]
    Nuts are good for you!
  • Kuruschka
    Kuruschka Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, I usually only eat 1 packet a week and I am still under my calories. Is that okay then?
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Well, I usually only eat 1 packet a week and I am still under my calories. Is that okay then?

Of course, they're good for you as everyone has said. Their only drawback is the calories but seeing as you've found room for them that's great :smile:
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    of course it's ok - they are natural sugars, and healthy fats, with some very good vitamins and minerals as well, they just happen to be calorie dense

as long as you can stick to your calorie goals with them, why not?

I eat nuts or raisins almost daily, but I get them in little snack packs from a company called graze

If you think about it, nuts and seeds have to contain all the nutrients and energy to start a plant growing, so that's a lot of goodness packed into a little packet. Moderation in anything is the key.

ps I've found that my skin is less dry now I eat more nuts from the omega oils in them
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i looove pistachio nuts (L) not many other nuts but..
    no reason why you cant have them, it depends if you think its worth the calories but you do need good healthy fats, as everyone else has said.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    all this talk of nuts is making me hungry... to the shops!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I eat 30 g of almonds daily, sometimes more. Nuts are great for you, so long as you have room in your calories to fit them in since they are so calorie dense.