Strength training calories burned

How come when I enter my strenght training exercises, it doesn't calculate the number of calories I burn? It only accounts for calories burned doing cardio. I know I'm burning with weights as much if not more than cardio, so why doesn't it calculate?

Replies

• Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    I don't know either and have wondered, I do a lot of stremgth training and it is logged under cardio.
  • was wondering the same thing!
  • Not sure why, either, but I just log mine under cardio. It will add the burn total in that way.
  • I was wondering to guess I will do like the girls below add it under cardio, because I do sweat a lot when I am doing strength training
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    You have to upgrade to MFP Platinum for that feature.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Under cardio there's an entry for strength training.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    There are too many variables with strength training for mfp to calculate calories burned
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    You have to upgrade to MFP Platinum for that feature.

It is well worth the extra money though for that one feature.
  • Trevanator
    Trevanator Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks everyone. I'll look into MFP, but for now will add it to my cardio.
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    I always do strength training in circuit training style, meaning I'm never resting. This gives an added calorie burn as well as adding muscle/toning. If you do strength training this way, there is an option under cardio. I'd say the calories listed are pretty accurate too.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Just log it under cardio.. In all reality for a weight session your not burning very much.. only like 200 calories or so.