Low Carbers

Options
I am trying a low carb diet...meaning less than 50 carbs a day....just looking for some friends who have open diaries so we can encourage each other :) So if you are a low carber, please be me friend.

Replies

• bigbugboo
    Options
    I try and stick to between 40 and 60g of carbs a day as it really helps me lose weight and feel stable energy wise. Add me for mutual support if you like. :smile:
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    That sort of sounds like the 'keto' diet...Is this what you're going for?

If so, I've found it rather difficult to adapt to the first couple of days...but after that, it's manageable...although not for extended periods of time. I've only put my body into ketosis for about 6-7 weeks max...but the reduction in body-fat was evident both on tape and in the mirror!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb since January. Feel free to add me to have a look back through the previous month!
  • aubarnold
    aubarnold Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My husband heard a podcast from Gregory Ellis.....so we are following his basic guidelines....pretty sure its a lifetime change not just a "diet".....anyhow today is day 3...the first couple days were rough, especially because it was the weekend....hoping that because its a week day and I'm busy, it will go by quicker....here is a link to his website http://www.byebyecarbs.com/
  • MrOutfit
    Options
    I eat low carb. When you are dropping down to below 50 grams of carbs, drink plenty of water. It makes it easier to manage. Coffee helps but don't drink too much. Get all your carbs from vegetables!
  • sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi there - for infertility reasons, my doctor has me on 40-50 carbs a day - my husband and I also started following Mark Sissons' "Primal Blueprint" (www.marksdailyapple.com) which is also very helpful. Feel free to "friend" me as well - good luck!
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    you guys are a lot lower then i am...i feel i watch my carbs, but limit them to or try to 100 to 125 per day. its helped a ton in regards to weight loss...although at times its extremely difficult to not eat more carbs.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'd only watch doing this diet very long term, as it can cause kidney issues. Has been shown in the "no carb" diets long term. So just make sure you do always get carbs. Your body does actually need them. Of course, eat healthy carbs (veggies, whole grains), and don't gorge on carbs either. But make sure you eat a decent amount.
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am definitely trying to watch my carb intake and am finding it very hard. I think your idea is great!
    I find the worst part is being creative and trying new recipes, I find I eat the same thing, get bored and then go carb crazy :ohwell:

~Sonya
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb/gluten free but I no idea how many grams I'm eating but my only carbs come from veg most days of the week (I do have a treat meal once a week).

I have gluten free bread once a week too as I like eggs on toast at weekend but don't eat it rest of week. I've still managed to lose 27lbs. Feel free to friend me if you like! :happy: