42 Year old Mother looking for other moms

Options
Hello. I'm committing myself to make some major changes in my life and would love to interact with other mothers seeking to do the same.

I need to....

Quit drinking wine at night during the week.

Exercise daily, whether it be a walk or something more serious.

Stop snacking.

I'd like to....

Quit drinking diet coke.

Start drinking more green tea.

How about you?

Replies

• mary34reilly
    mary34reilly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend...we have a lot of the same goals...kids, snacking, exercise and diet coke :) I've heard that the diet stuff is actually worse for you than the regular stuff - even that it makes you gain...

But if you'd like a friend....send me a request...:)
  • 5stoff
    5stoff Posts: 15
    Options
    I need to - get back running - stop eating bad stuff and allowing the kids to join in - stop changing from plan to plan and get in with it will add you
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I'm a single mother myself. I've accomplished a lot of my goals, but not quite all of them. For example....

I have...

stopped eating fast food nearly every day, multliple times a day

stopped sitting on my butt all day doing nothing

stopped snacking on chips, icecream, chocolate, or anything I could get my hands on

started exercising several times a week

I need to...

Completely stop the fast food (I still go once or twice a week)

Stop the random binges that happen every few weeks

Stop drinking soda (I switched from normal to diet but I just can't seem to drop it!)

The one thing I've found about dieting goals, whether they be to eat healthier (or just not eat as horribly), or stopping smoking/drinking or starting/increasing exercising, whatever it may be is that there are three stages. The first stage is deciding to do it. That's not too hard. The second stage is the starting it and keeping to it rather than going a few days and throwing it out the widow. This is the most difficult part where most people who are going to fail, end up doing so. The third stage is accomplishment. You've come that far and it's just natural now. You don't crave the junk food (or wine perhaps in your case). You LIKE going for walks (or gym or whatever). That's the easy stage again. So whenever you think "I should..." but don't...just remember this: it really does get easier!
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    you can add me too.
  • Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 42 and the mother of 10 and I like to snack too! I'm working on stopping that habit.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 3 who has a horrible craving for sweets! U can add me too;-)
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I need to drink more water and eat more! I don't get hungry during the day because I am so busy most of the time so I nibble on the lunch I pack for myself and at the end of the day (after exercising hard) I end up with a ton of calories left over. Please feel free to add me to your buddy list if you would like to help motivate one another! Good luck to you...you can do this!
  • tolenja
    Options
    Hello, I want to be 40 & fabulous! I recently joined a 'biggest loser' fitness challenge at Anytime fitness gym, so I feel like I have the structure & support for exercising. I really have to get my eating healthy and drinking enough water started and under control.
    Tara
    :flowerforyou:
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm committing myself to make some major changes in my life and would love to interact with other mothers seeking to do the same.

I need to....

Quit drinking wine at night during the week.

Exercise daily, whether it be a walk or something more serious.

Stop snacking.

I'd like to....

Quit drinking diet coke.

Start drinking more green tea.

How about you?

Good morning, I'm not a mom, but I am 42. I love pizza, sweets, diet soda, and chicken fried rice. But, I've also been working at this for a while, and I've lost 20 lbs or so. Still trying to learn, and break my current plateau.....
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • tolenja
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!!!
  • cairns19
    Options
    Hello, I am a mother of 1 girl. I want to lose weight and be a good role model for her. Some changes I need to make are:

1. Log EVERYTHING I eat.
    2. Stick to plan
    3. Go to gym

I have been sick the last few weeks so my routine is all out-of-whack.
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay-at-home mom of 2 boys. I have a mean addiction to cake & cookies and always wash it down with Coke Zero. Add me and we can do this together :)
  • renaegonz
    renaegonz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm a mother of 5, 47 years old. I am trying to stop drinking diet Pepsi...that stuff is the devils brew, so addicting. Also, trying to get more exercise in as well. I love the feeling after Ive worked out, it's the feeling before and during exercise that stop me!! lol
  • Gratzi
    Gratzi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a 41 year old mother of a three year old. I'm losing weight and getting healthy to try to combat a poor family health history. Genetics are not on my side! I've been using MFP since early October and had lost 15 lbs...until Thanksgiving when I found 4 of those pounds I had lost. It's time to get serious again!
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Im a mom of two and have lots of struggles too. Feel free to add me:)
  • vallar05
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm new to This program. I am at my highest weight ever in my life ( even with pregnancies! ) I'm soooo tired of feeling out of shape and Just plain fat! I'm hoping this is my last And final weight loss plan! I loved reading some of Your stories , as it was encouraging to me..I'm a 46 year old mom of 3. Married for 19 years and have had so many different body sizes over the course of my marriage, It's as if my husband has been married to at least 4 different women! ! LOL! I'm hoping to get on task with the help of this program and the support of This forum!
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!

You can add me if you like - my 3 kids are older (17, 21, 23), but I still have them at home. I work full time and I need to:

Make time every day to do SOMETHING

Snack on healthier choices like fruit or veggies

Pare down my portion sizes, especially my ice cream at night (!!)

Get more sleep - 7 hours a night would be heaven!

:-)

April
  • SharadaRose
    Options
    Hello I'm a 30 year old mother of an almost 7 year old boy.
    I've gained 30 pounds over the last year and can't seem to shake it. I have tried weight watchers with no results. Though I have always eaten healthy I do like to snack. However I keep my calories under control. I work out twice daily with a nice mix of cardio and strength training. I have tried 1200 calories a day i have tried 1600 and 2000 calories a day. It doesnt seem to matter what I do. Though the nutrionist swears I eat right. :0(

I do have a large muscular build but I hold weight in my stomach and hips like crazy.

Im super frustrated. But I refuse to give up.

I too like Diet pepsi and yes it is horrible. I have cut down to one or two a week but would like to stop it completley.

I started to log my food on here last week. So i'm just getting starteed on this site.
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Vallar05 - Welcome to MFP!!

I am with you! It's so hard to make time to keep ourselves healthy.

Add me as a friend if you like - I am married 26 years, have 3 kids still at home, work full time.

:-)
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 56, mom of 2. I work full time. Seems like I have been dieting forever, can't think of a time that it has not been an issue. Welcome to MFP! Add me as a friend, if you like. Good luck on your journey!