SUGAR BABY!!!

Options
Hello my MFP Family!!

So---> I am addicted to brown sugar. I'm an.... addict :sad: !

So I was wondering is there a (HEALTHIER) sugar that I can substitute for my Brown sugar addiction? I need it in my tea & Oatmeal mainly! Please Help!!

Thank you,
Roe :smile:

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I love honey in with my oats x
  • missxlaur
    Options
    i eat weight control oatmeal from quaker - maple and brown sugar flavor. it's perfectly sweet and only 160 cals!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    honey has actually been proven bad in anything thats hotter than 60c. try splenda?
  • samdesc
    Options
    I believe splenda makes a brown sugar subsitute
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    I don't know about for tea, but for oatmeal you could try low-sugar granola (I like the BareNaked brand), fruits, non-sweetened applesauce, honey, or yogurt. All are great ways of adding some sweetness.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of sugars that do no raise your blood sugar that you can try. Stevia, xylitol & erythritol.

http://store.xylitolusa.com/
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free syrup in my oats, tastes great!
  • nukehiker
    Options
    i use truvia in my tea, but i still need a small teaspoon of brown sugar in my oatmeal :)
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love brown sugar also, expesialy in my oatmeal. I tryed rasins this week end I was pleasently surprised. It was great.
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Eww brown sugar in tea. I have never heard of anyone else besides my mom doing that. I love iced tea and can drink it sweet but prefer it unsweetened. My mom would sweeten a whole pitcher of tea with brown sugar on the days she ran out of white sugar. I can so remember how horrible I thought it was, and how shocked to take a sip not expecting it. She would use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to measure the sugar she used for her cup of coffee. No wonder she ran out of sugar so often.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Refined sugars are all the same. Just keep all refined sugars to a minimum and continue to enjoy the brown stuff..
  • calamitydown
    Options
    turbinado sugar :) it's less processed and your body still knows how to digest it, unlike artificial sweeteners and sugar substitutes. it tastes soooo much better too :)