30shred muscle ache:((

Options
I have muscles aching I didn't even know I had...lol!!!

Anyway, my question. I have just done day 2 of 30 shred, what day can I expect my muscles to stop complaining? They are VERY sore!!!! I know we are all different but a rough idea would be encouraging.

Thanks!

Replies

• Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    They stopped hurting on day four for me. I could barely walk the first two days. I worked out through the pain. I no longer have any kind of pain. Be sure to have good form though, I almost hurt my left knee in one of the exercises because I wasn't focusing on my form.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    5 days in- not hurting too much. Mainly feel shin splints/calves burning on the jumprope...

Good luck!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I stopped aching on day 5 and didnt do it for a few days this week because of work and I was suprised to find I still didnt ache after a break. Its a great workout x
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The first time I did 30DS I was sore until about day 4 or 5...I feel your pain today though, literally. I just started 30DS over again and can't move today. I am going to stick it out again today though because I know there are amazing results if I do. The first time (6 months ago) I lost 6 pounds but 23 inches! Stay strong, it gets better and easier.
  • Wangenstein
    Options
    I find that my muscles are at their sorest two days after my workouts. However, if I eat a banana an hour or so before I work out, the soreness is cut down by about 90%. It has made all the difference! Give it a try and see what you think.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    The worst for me was probably the first two to three days. After that there wasn't the extreme I-haven't-worked-out-in-forever pain.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    In my experience, muscles hurt the day after an intense workout and then hurt even worse the day after that. The third day, they no longer hurt. Continuing to workout on these days will actually make you feel better so long as you don't overdo it. I haven't done the 30DS but if it's the same routine every day, you should be feeling better within a few days. That is, until you up the intensity, or use a different set of muscles, and get a whole new set of aches. :)
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I will stick it out, I am hoping for great results:))
  • Ghlt4
    Options
    The first time I did 30DS I was sore until about day 4 or 5...I feel your pain today though, literally. I just started 30DS over again and can't move today. I am going to stick it out again today though because I know there are amazing results if I do. The first time (6 months ago) I lost 6 pounds but 23 inches! Stay strong, it gets better and easier.

That was a great result!! It is encouraging you are doing it a second time, because you got great results.
  • shunkawakon
    shunkawakon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was MISERABLY sore for the first 4 days (not to try and scare you or anything). I worked through the soreness, and POOF. Day 5 or 6 I wasn't sore any more. And even through to level 2 I don't get nearly as sore (just minimally during the level change). I mean, I couldn't even walk at work forf the first 4 days. It goes away though!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    After day 1 I hurt so bad I had to take a 3 day break. I could barely make it down the stairs or sit down. Once I started again, I haven't had to take another break except for time constraints (and on day 4 I started doing it twice in a row). Thank goodness I took that break in the beginning or I might have done so poorly the next couple of workouts that I could have gotten discouraged. As it is, taking that break and then starting back with no after-pain has really improved my confidence and determination. I say if you feel you need a break, take a day off and then start back. You don't HAVE to do it 30 days straight if you feel you need time for recovery.
  • Ghlt4
    Options
    I was MISERABLY sore for the first 4 days (not to try and scare you or anything). I worked through the soreness, and POOF. Day 5 or 6 I wasn't sore any more. And even through to level 2 I don't get nearly as sore (just minimally during the level change). I mean, I couldn't even walk at work forf the first 4 days. It goes away though!!

I am very sore. Once I sit down, moving again is awful. I have tried to stay on the move! From what everyone has said I have 2-3 more days of pain... Lol! It will be worth it!
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread!!

I did day one of 30DS last week and then took a break because my legs hurt! I then got a chest infection so stopped altogether for a bit. I was thinking though, each time I exercise, I get muscle ache. I think that means stop working out to "rest" so they don't hurt, but then when I start up again, because I've had a break I go back to step one and then take another "rest day" to sort out the ache! Rinse and repeat! I was about to start a thread asking if I should just grin and bear the ache as surely I was just doing the same thing over and over and now I know the answer!

I will start again today and I will work through the ache tomorrow and the next day and the next!! :D Thanks so much guys!

1397731.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Ghlt4
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread!!

I did day one of 30DS last week and then took a break because my legs hurt! I then got a chest infection so stopped altogether for a bit. I was thinking though, each time I exercise, I get muscle ache. I think that means stop working out to "rest" so they don't hurt, but then when I start up again, because I've had a break I go back to step one and then take another "rest day" to sort out the ache! Rinse and repeat! I was about to start a thread asking if I should just grin and bear the ache as surely I was just doing the same thing over and over and now I know the answer!

I will start again today and I will work through the ache tomorrow and the next day and the next!! :D Thanks so much guys!

1397731.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I did complete the shred. My muscles really hurt till day 4, and then it was like nothing had happened. Work through it. It will be worth it!
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was going to post this exact question yesterday! Decided to wait until today. Today was day 6, yesterday I wasn't sore to walk around but it hurt BAD when doing the shred. Today it hurt like a workout, a good pain. It was my best workout yet!!!
    I feel your pain, it was awful!