Back on the Calorie-Counting-Weight-Loosing Band Wagon!!

Options
I have officially jumped back on the calorie-counting-weight-loosing band wagon! I am open about my goals because I think they are totally achievable and I want the added pressure from friends asking how my weight loss is going.

So my goals are:
•Loose 4 lbs by my birthday (5 weeks)
•Loose 11 more lbs by Valentine’s day (12 weeks)
•Maintain a healthy and desirable weight in the 130’s foreverrrrr (well maybe until I hit 35/40 and it’s all downhill from there!)

So a total of 15lbs to loose and in a time frame which is completely achievable and realistic for me, which is the important part. I’m going to get back into the gym 4-5 times a week and my 30 Day Shred DVD at least 3 times a week and on the weekend, walk for at least a mile with Maddie (my dog).

Thoughts, feedback, want to join in???? You can obviously set your own goals or plans but I know they say it is best to do these things with a friend. If not, I totally understand, it’s like the worst time of year to even think about losing weight!

Replies

• nowdrake
    Options
    Its def not all downhill when you get to 35/40 - keep the faith girl!

I'm 37 and I have 3 dogs who insist on at least one walk a day, which I fit in around my 10 cleaning jobs (spread out over a week!) and the gym... I have just got back into it. Like you I used to go 3/4 times a week - and I looked really good - actually best my body has ever been and that was at age 35! Unfortuantly I let it slide and the spare tyre has reappeared! I have been today and planning on fitting in another 2 sessions this week...need some support with my good intentions, and please let me know how you get on!

Nicole
  • Meaghansherman
    Meaghansherman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey B! I am in!

I am so proud of you, getting back on the wagon! And if history proves anything, when you get on something, I hop on right along with you! My goals are:

5 - 10 pounds by Christmas (33 days... AH Christmas is in 33 days!)
    Drinks 8 glasses of water a day
    Get up from my desk at work every hour and do a lap around the office!
    Gym - Cardio and Weights 3 times a week
    Walk Bosco (my wild beast of a dog) a mile on Saturdays and Sundays!

I know I will have some serious trouble due to school, work and general life but I am committed to getting back to being happy with my body! Lets do this!!!

Oh and feel free to friend me on here, I could use the encouragement! :)

Meg
  • twistyBee
    Options
    Yea!!! So proud of you Meg!!! After many failed attempts, I think we can all agree that this time around setting realistic goals will hopefully be the key to keeping us to our plan. Here we gooooo......:happy:
  • Meaghansherman
    Meaghansherman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Its Monday! Whoop! I am feeling energized and motivated! Had a healthy breakfast and looking forward to busting out some cardio tonight at the gym! I was getting ready for work and an infomercial for "the firm" was on. I immediately wanted to buy it! hahah Anyone try it before??? Hope everyone is feeling skinnay today and remember... You Can Do It!!!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    •Maintain a healthy and desirable weight in the 130’s foreverrrrr (well maybe until I hit 35/40 and it’s all downhill from there!)
    I guess you have no idea how offensive that was.
  • cowgirllisa86
    cowgirllisa86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would to join in ! I am down to my goal jean size of 4, but i wanna lose a bit more plus tone up... i definetly would love to lose 7- 10lbs by chrsitmas, i watch my calories, fat intake etc and eat pretty healthy, plus i think i may have hit a plateau and wanna break that ! I have minimal time to exercise with to little ones, a 9.5 month old and a 4.5 yr old but i do get about 15-25 minutes a day of cardio plus sit ups. Plus chasing the littl ones around.

So my goals are:
    7-10 lbs by christmas
    exercise everyday !!!

ultimate goal
    to be toned by our little ones 1st bday in feb(just seemed like a gd goal date :) ne tip and suggestions are WELCOMED :) Thanks