60ish Grandmom needs to lose 50 pounds by May!

Options
My daughter introduced me to this site as a great tool to lose and get support along the way. I need group support but with winter coming don't want to commit to going to meetings every week...I will not follow through on cold, wet days. If I can lose 50 pounds by May I will not need cholesterol or diabetes medicine so I have to succeed. Looking forward to the support available here.

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome :flowerforyou:

there are groups on here here is a good one

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/337-woman-of-a-certain-age

good luck on your journey!
  • htmeadows
    Options
    I am 65 and have been doing MFP for about 8 weeks. I have lost 23 pounds so far. MFP helps me keep track of the numbers and I am encouraged by the math. If you burn more calories than you consume, you WILL lose weight.

Use the tools found on MFP and keep track every day. Your goal looks like about 2 pounds per week. That is very doable and I am confident it will happen for you if you log in every day.

Best wishes on meeting your goal!

-Howard
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    WE have some of the same challenges and goals! Welcome!
  • sharond322
    Options
    Thanks so much...I am checking it out! Have a great week!
  • sharond322
    Options
    Thanks for your post...8 pounds is great. I will start logging daily intake and start using my WII Fitness program. Have a good week!
  • sharond322
    Options
    Thanks! Here's to a good week for us both!
  • TYME4ME2CHANGE
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello... Welcome.. My birthday is in May and I will be 60.. I would like to lose 70# by then.. We can do this!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    YES YOU CAN DO THIS, friend me if you like. I love to support folks here.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I think your goal is doable. It's great that you're taking charge of your health now instead of depending on medication. Now I understand sometimes medicine is necessary but if diet and exercise can get the job done, it's so much better. I will be 54 in January and wonder why it took me so long to get serious about my health.

This site is wonderful. Most of the people are inspirational. Many can relate to what you will go through. If you'd like, check out my profile. If it seems like we could give and recieve the support we both need, send me a friends request. Good luck on your journey to a thinner and healthier you.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :happy: