Getting healthy to start a family

Options
Hello! This is my first time using this program and I am looking for some new friends for support. My husband and I are trying to have a baby so I really want to start eating healthier and exercising. I also think I would have better chances if I got back to a healthy weight. Please cheer me on!

Replies

• michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome Heidi! I too am in the same boat as you, good luck on your journey.
    Feel free to add me if you like.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you!!! I want to get down to a decent weight that way once my husband and I do get pregnant I won't go over 200lbs from the baby weight... Plus I want to already be use to working out that way I can continue to do so through out my pregnancy...
  • heidi_cat
    heidi_cat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, Jenn! I want to get into a healthy routine now so that I can keep it up during pregnancy.
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Heidi. Good for you wanting to be healthy before starting a pregnancy. Also, remember you can keep up workouts while pregnant so long as you dont push too hard. It really does make a difference in your labor at the end and losing that little bit extra that seems to hang on afterwards. Feel free to send friend request.
  • DestinysPath
    DestinysPath Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jessica (27yo). I am right there with you. Having trouble conceiving and they believe it's due to my weight. Need to get down to something healthy! Im here for ya!
  • divaswagg
    Options
    Hey heidi, I only started today :) its nice to know people are in the same boat as me :) wishing you the best of luck. Add me as a friend :)
  • WiiTastic
    WiiTastic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi all, there's a group that's been set up for people trying to conceive (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/58-ttc-for-future-mommies-to-be- ). Please join us - the more, the merrier!
  • redheadc2
    redheadc2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Husband and I agreed we would be healthier with less weight on both of us before having a baby. Let's see if we can do this together.

I have been on MFP since February but hadn't started using it till september. One thing I learned is that it has every food possible so I can't let that be an excuse.
  • heidi_cat
    heidi_cat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the support on my first day! Glad to know there are others in the same situation, and thanks for posting the link for the group, WIiTastic.