45 Pounds Down (Before and After Pics)

Options
These pictures are from my company Christmas party in early December of last year. I started MFP in late September of this year. I was actually 10-15 lbs heavier than these pics when I started, but - as you can expect - was camera shy.

First the before:
VeryFatPete1.png
VeryFatPete2.png
VeryFatPete3.png
VeryFatPete4.png

Here is my after, taken this morning in the restroom at work. Please excuse my very strange face.
Pete_20111128_2976.jpg

There is no way that I would have gone this long without MFP, so I thank you all and hope to be able to put some more success stories up here soon!

Replies

• AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Great job!! What an accomplishment :)
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You are looking great!! Keep up the good work! You should be VERY proud!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Thanks for posting, it's always so inspiring to see other's results to stay motivated :flowerforyou:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    What a positive change! Great job!!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing difference! :) Keep up the good work my friend!
  • 70kilo
    70kilo Posts: 34
    Options
    Awsome! You don't have to be camera shy anymore :flowerforyou:
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep up the good work.
  • wakeywildcat
    wakeywildcat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    what a difference, keep up the good work. x
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    OMG you look a totally different person. Congrats. I also joined MFP late Sept. this year and I have lost just 19 lbs so far :(
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing great! You look terrific! I bet you feel better, too! Congrats on your weight loss! Looks like you are well on the way to a new you! Enjoy the journey!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    good for you
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Has to feel good my friend... 45lbs is the equivalent of a small child... must feel great...
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Keep it up!
  • sweets2323
    Options
    Wow! that is great
    I am new on here, what did you do to loose the weight?
  • pshearer7777
    pshearer7777 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow! that is great
    I am new on here, what did you do to loose the weight?

I just cut calories and started moving. Not too much more than that. It hasn't always been easy, but I just really found motivation this time and I'm determined to stick with this. Plus, the nerd that I am, I really like the "game" aspect of working my food out so that I stay below the line. I haven't gone over a single day since I started. I started by walking, then I went on to working through the Couch to 5k Program (blogging it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/pshearer7777/ ). I have my food diary open, so feel free to poke around or ask questions about it.

My biggest change has been really trying hard to look at food as a source of fuel for my body, and I will place no more emotional attachment to it than I do to the gasoline I put in my car. I think winning that battle is a very big reason for my success so far.
  • loswa4
    loswa4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Way to go! What a great accomplishment! Keep up the great work and I will check out your Couch to 5K blog since I too have set a goal to complete one. Much continue success to you!
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You are so right! Food is a fuel for the body, and you have to look at it in that manner as well as enjoying it when you eat it. I know for me if I get very hungry it's a danger sign and I make myself a full meal without cheating and eating samples as I go, then I actually sit at the dinning table and take my time to eat the meal, stopping several times to really taste the food. Tonight's dinner was Thanksgiving leftovers, made fresh stuffing and 2 types of veggies and a glass of wine. I think it was better than Thanksgiving day's dinner as I was with my husband and I could actually enjoy the food I ate. You are doing a wonderful thing for yourself, congratulate yourself and be proud :) you truly deserve to be the person you want to be.
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    WTG! Keep it up!
  • kristitampl
    kristitampl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Whooo...You have been working you butt off! Keep It Up!
  • Peachy_T
    Peachy_T Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You look amazing and have done an awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!