bran muffins

daisylou
daisylou Posts: 118
edited September 19 in Recipes
Does anyone have a good recipie for a bran muffin? I know some have apples or bananas,whole wheat flour, ect. I would like a low fat recipie that would make a grab and go breakfast or snack. Thanks!!!

Replies

• daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    Does anyone have a good recipie for a bran muffin? I know some have apples or bananas,whole wheat flour, ect. I would like a low fat recipie that would make a grab and go breakfast or snack. Thanks!!!
  • I am on a specific diet and can only have eggwhites and oatmeal in the morning.

However, I have come up with (I think) a tasty solution. I mix 4 eggwhites and 1/2 cup of oatmeal with a tsp of sweet potato (baby food), cinnamon to taste and 1 pkg of splenda. I mix it all in a magic bullet and put it in a muffin pan. One serving makes two muffins. I bake at 350 for 25 minutes. They rise and pop out of the muffin pan, but as they cool they will fall. I make these on Sunday and have them for the rest of the week.

For my husband I subsitute the spleda for a tsp of sugar and add raisans. He tops it with peanut butter.

I like to add sugar free syrup on top of mine. :)

Hope this helps!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Our whole family loves these for breakfast. Very moist and yummy! Not your typical bran muffin.

Ingredients1 1/2 cups wheat bran
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 tbsp grated orange
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 1/2 cups lowfat buttermilk
    3 tbsp molasses
    1 egg
    2 tbsp oil
    1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries or chopped up pear (optional)
    Directions
    Mix all above and pour into muffin pan. bake at 375 for 14-16 mintues. enjoy! makes about 12 muffins.
    I make a double batch on the weekends so we have them for the week. Store in airtight container. Can be kept in freezer also.

124 cals per muffin
    3.3 fat
    22.7 carbs
    193 sodium
    3.8 protein
This discussion has been closed.