Wii Fit???

Options
What are your thoughts on the Wii Fit? I was thinking about getting it because I really enjoy playing just dance 2 and 3 on my wii. Is it worth the money? I just want it for days i want something different and that could include my kids :)

Replies

• happygirl2972
    happygirl2972 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well worth it.. Many different options and my daughter is 7 and she loves it also.
  • abronowski_611
    abronowski_611 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 1 and 2 and I do not like them. They are great for kids...lame for adults. LOL! It does not push me enough, and I do not sweat doing the games. I love the Wii Fit though. My sister-in-law has it and have done it a few times at her house, and have been wanting one for quite some time now. Just my opinion though! :o)
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've lost 38 pounds with it and portion control. It's fun and has a lot of balance games. I played on it for 35 minutes yesterday and burned 232 calories.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    It's a fun way to keep active, and keep the kids off the couch, but I wouldn't use it as serious exercise (personal view for me though, works for others I know).

I use mine weekly to weigh in though, and I love the way it tracks that for me.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Also the Wii Fit is usable with Step Up (download on the Wii, which is a step aerobics class) and also able to be used with EA Active 2. Also another awesome game for working out.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your level of fitness. It helped me get back into exercise when I hadn't done any in a long time, but after a few months I was ready for more challenging things. My Wii Fit board is gathering dust under my couch right now.
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    haha! I just pulled mine out again yesterday! It's great to get you up and off of the couch - but if you're looking for a good "burn" (calories), this isn't the tool to get there. I wore my HRM and played for a half-hour just to see if it was a "workout". I was barely "in the zone". But, if you're looking for something to do with the kids - it's pretty good My son is 8; he likes to play it every once in a while but not for an extended period of time. The games are pretty basic; he's more of an XBOX or PS3 kid. More action on the screen.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You can also get a "lift" to put it on to make it higher for the step workouts. I love mine! And my girls (18 & 21) use it all the time with friends. They love to get the boyfriends to do zumba! It's pretty comical. I guess it's personal preference and the workouts you can buy for it all vary in degree of difficulty. You will only get out of it what you put into it...as with any workout! =)
  • kimsy1222
    Options
    I think Wii Fit is fun for getting some movement in, but not for serious exercise. I also like Zumba for the Wii. :)
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I loveeeee my wiii fit! I got zumba, wii fit plus, and butch of other games. AND boy you SWEAT!!!
  • TempeB
    TempeB Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    For someone who's in dreadful shape, it's a godsend. I'm supplementing it with walking, but I really depend on it. There are some things I don't like about it, like it takes too long to move from one exercise to the next, but other than that it's fun and versatile.
  • TahliS
    TahliS Posts: 52
    Options
    Whilst I was never able to "loose weight" on this.. i did get FANTASTIC results with a tape measure. And it does break up the monotony (spelling??) as you can choose different things to do. It has a vast range of options and the kids will enjoy playing along beside you.
  • jandj1725
    jandj1725 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not too great for cardio stuff, but really like the yoga/toning stuff it has. Plus when u get the board you can buy other games like Pilates, wii ski, etc...
  • scoell
    scoell Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also use Wii Sports for the boxing. That's does make you sweat!!!