Throw some breakfast ideas at me =)

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
i used to have fruit and fibre cereal for breakfast, but i like change now n again! Last few days ive beeen having a cereal bar and yoghurt for my breakfast, which is filling and low in cals.. Now im thinking of changing it again and having couple of different fruits.

any ideas of any other things i could have please? i also aim for under 200 ish cals :)

Thanks x

Replies

• CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'd say fruit of likeing, greek style low fat yoghurt, dot of honey and some niche seeds or nuts - but you are aiming for under 200 and the only one that springs to mind then is two hardboiled eggs and a piece of toast ^^
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    (throws egg at you)
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Eggs!

I blumin love eggs!

a one egg omlette with some cheese or in a pita is about 280 cals (a little outside your specification, but it will keep you full for 4-5 hours!!)

Have a look at my diary, you will see how much I love eggs for brekkie :D
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I'd say fruit of likeing, greek style low fat yoghurt, dot of honey and some niche seeds or nuts - but you are aiming for under 200 and the only one that springs to mind then is two hardboiled eggs and a piece of toast ^^

id love to eat all of that for breakfast but i just not hungry in the mornings =/ and cant eat much at all. Thats y i have a low cal breakfast, its the day time where i get bloody hungry lol!! Thanks for the ideas tho ;)
  • karengroovy
    karengroovy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2 eggs and a handful of berries, a grapefruit, or some cantaloupe is my fave. (no toast)
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have protein shakes mostly. You can make so many different variations with fruits, veggies, peanut butter etc. I also have made breakfast bagels with thin wheat bagels, eggbeaters, and turkey sausage.....and sometimes hard boiled eggs , oatmeal. so many possibilities!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I love an egg white omelet filled with sauteed peppers, mushroom, spinach and onions...YUMMMM....under 100 calories and just the right amount of food..:D
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Eggo Whole Wheat Low Fat Waffles 70cal each
    Peanut Butter 95cal Tablespoon

OMG FAVORITE mini meal/snack anytime of day.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    2 eggs and a handful of berries, a grapefruit, or some cantaloupe is my fave. (no toast)

Not really a big fan of eggs =/ i only eat them to fill me up for longer lol! Dont like berries, grapefruit or cantaloupe =/
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit, Quinoa, Lox. I usually have a protein shake and an egg.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Eggo Whole Wheat Low Fat Waffles 70cal each
    Peanut Butter 95cal Tablespoon

OMG FAVORITE mini meal/snack anytime of day.

Never heard of tho waffle things =/, and i dont like peanut
    butter lol!
  • alilikesjuice
    Options
    My usual breakfast (210 cal):

150 cal - 1 cup (cooked steel cut oats)
    35 cal - 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
    25 cal - 1/3 cup of blueberries or 5 strawberries

i like to pre-portion a week of breakfast so that i just have to throw it in the microwave. I enjoy it a lot and it keeps me filled.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit, Quinoa, Lox. I usually have a protein shake and an egg.

Cant eat cottage cheese in the morning, makes me wanna hieve! And ive never heard of the others haha!!
  • xSophia19
    Options
    My usual breakfast (210 cal):

150 cal - 1 cup (cooked steel cut oats)
    35 cal - 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
    25 cal - 1/3 cup of blueberries or 5 strawberries

i like to pre-portion a week of breakfast so that i just have to throw it in the microwave. I enjoy it a lot and it keeps me filled.

Sounds nice, but whers the milk?!
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie. Your favorite fruits/veggies topped off with baby spinach. There are a ton of variations.

I like a couple slices of frozen banana, frozen berries, cucumber or celery & spinach.
  • Leo_Joy_HG
    Leo_Joy_HG Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i often have porrage and dried fruit or banana and oatcakes
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast tacos.
    1 Egg
    1 High Fibre Wheat Torrilla (La Torrilla Factory) 50 cals
    1 oz low sodium ham
    1 tablespoon Pace Mild Picante Sauce.
    Around 160 cals for one breakfast taco and keeps me full until lunch.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Green smoothie. Your favorite fruits/veggies topped off with baby spinach. There are a ton of variations.

I like a couple slices of frozen banana, frozen berries, cucumber or celery & spinach.

Dont think i could eat a vegetable smoooothie =/.. ill just stick to fruits lol! :)
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've been making egg cups. From another post - "take a muffin tin, place ham, bologna, WHATEVER kind of meat you want in the bottom(kinda making a "cup" out of it, crack an egg INTO the "meat cup" and top with cheese. < you can also break the yoke and make it more "scrambled" egg if you wish." I have done Egg Beaters, turkey sausage, and spinach - these rocked and were only 108 calories a pieces. Tonight I am making them with carmelized onion, and mushrooms. They're low enough in calories to have 2 or 3 for breakfast, though I find 2 to be plenty.

Breakfast sandwich - these are great and reasonable at 370 calories each.
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 1 large
    Sargento - Colby-Jack Cheese Sliced-Net Carb, 0.5 slice
    Thomas' - English Muffin , 1 muffin
    Jennie-O - Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties, 2 patties

I haven't tried it yet but breakfast salad sounds good. Breakfast fixings on a salad with maple vinaigrette.

You'll have to do a search but someone posted pumpkin fritters/pancakes. They were wonderfull but I didn't save the recipe.

aug
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Bump (BTW we don't get those sort of waffles in England! They are bloody lovely though!!)