Not ready for Level 2 of Ripped in 30?

Options
Anyone do Jillian's workouts longer then a week at each level? I did level one 5 days last week. I tried level 2 today but I could not do many of the exercises and I really tried. I feel like I'm not quite ready for Level 2. Anyone stayed at one level longer then a week?

Replies

• 24man
    24man Posts: 58
    Options
    I want to do Ripped in 30 after I'm done with 30 Day Shred. Just started level 3 in 30DS..super hard
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    It's really your judgment when to move forward - it doesn't have to be a week at each level. If Week 2 was too much, go back to Week 1 for a few more days. The schedule of each week is really to challenge you to keep progressing and if you tried and it didn't feel right then you're not ready, and that's okay.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I say stick with level 1 for 10 days. Then move onto the next level. That is what I had to do when I did the 30 Day Shred.
  • letsdothis56
    letsdothis56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! i definitely spent more than a week on level one of 30 day shred. i decided to move up when i was able to complete level 1 without breaking much of a sweat/taking breaks. level two is hard, but i think its best to make sure youre completely ready to move up or else itll be too easy to get discouraged
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I do Ripped in 30, 30 Day Shred and 6 week 6 pack for my workouts 3-4 times a week. If you feel you're not ready, just keep doing level 1. Next week, try level 2 again. You're body is just adjusting. Did you do 30 Day Shred first or is this your first Jillian Michaels DVD? I think Rippedi n 30 kicks it up a notch from 30 DS, just my opinion.
    Good luck. And keep going . It doesn't matter what level, just keep moving and be consistant!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    do level one until it becomes easier then move on to level 2 nothing wrong with doing level one for longer
  • amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll stick with 1 for a while. I didn't do 30 day shred. I have it and I did it like 6 months ago but never finished it. Heck maybe I'll just start the shred now and do Ripped when I'm done with that.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll stick with 1 for a while. I didn't do 30 day shred. I have it and I did it like 6 months ago but never finished it. Heck maybe I'll just start the shred now and do Ripped when I'm done with that.

I did 30DS before I started Ripped and I think it really helped. It's not necessary so I'm not saying you SHOULD stop and go back, but it was a good introduction to the way the 3/2/1 works. It was also less impact and more basic movements, though still very effective. I still hate side anterior and V raises with a passion!