Heart rate monitor watch at walmart....

Options
Has anyone here bought a heart rate monitor watch at walmart? I saw one there today for $29 and I'm wondering if its a good product? Thanks!

12867208.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Depends. What brand was it? Did it include a chest strap? Have you searched for any reviews online?
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I looked at those too, before I bought my Polar, and I don't think they have a chest strap so they won't be as accurate. If you're considering investing, get a good one that'll last and be accurate for you.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the brand, for sure. I researched the ones at Walmart because I assumed I'd get the best price there, but I couldn't find anything I liked (or that other people had reviewed well). I ended up at Target for around $40 (a New Balance N4 with a chest strap), and I've been VERY happy with it for the past year or so.
  • DerryM
    Options
    Yes...I bought it. I use when I work out. When I do weight resistance training I use the timer and then check my heart rate to try and keep it at least in the low zone. You can program your heart rate zone using your age, etc.
    I can then figure out how many calories I burned doing strength training on MFP.
    To check your heart rate you just put your finger anywhere on the metal part and it reads the heart rate. I have checked it against the heart rate monitors on the treadmill and eliptycal and found it to be accurate.

There are more expensive ones that download data to computer, track how far your walk/run, this one is perfect for what I needed to just check my heart rate and minutes.
    I like it for the price!
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm about to buy a Polar FT7 HRM from heartratemonitorusa.com for $77 with free shipping. Comes with chest strap and all that good stuff. I've never used a HRM, but this one came highly recommended from my MFP people!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I wasted my money on the Wal*Mart watch HRM. WASTED my money. It stopped working correctly with in 2 weeks. Invest in a Polar FT4 or FT7. They run sales on Amazon all the time. I got my Polar FT4 for about $50 total and it is WAY more accurate! Comes with the chest strap, the wearlink thingy and the watch. You can see your HR and stats like how long you are in your target HR zone! I LOVE mine!! I have had it for close to 6 months now and recommend it to EVERYONE! Please don't waste your hard earned money on the cheap watches at the stores. They just are not accurate or made to last.
  • rsullivan
    rsullivan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I bought a Sportline from Walmart for $47 and I LOVE IT. It has the chest strap which isnt uncomfortable at all. Its very easy to use and set up. Wear it everyday!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    A seller has it for 68 shipped on Amazon.... another for 70 shipped.
    I'm about to buy a Polar FT7 HRM from heartratemonitorusa.com for $77 with free shipping. Comes with chest strap and all that good stuff. I've never used a HRM, but this one came highly recommended from my MFP people!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    A seller has it for 68 shipped on Amazon.... another for 70 shipped.