unhappy

Options
I sometimes feel as if I'm mad at everything and hate life all because of my weight... I definetly feel if your thin or fit and healthy you'll live such a better and happier life :( however... for me this just doesn't seem possible.

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You need to be happy with yourself now to be happy with yourself later. Being thin, in shape, buff, fit doesn't change who you are.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    deep breath. chin up. find the world you want inside your mind and project it out. it will happen. i like your smile. {{{hugs}}}
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Being thin doesn't make you happy. Pick up any celebrity tabloid to see lots of beautiful, skinny people who are unhappy--and get the added indignity of having millions of people KNOW it.

That said, if you want to lose weight to feel better about the way you look, there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't expect someone to hit the "happy" button when you fit into that sizewhateveritis pair of skinny jeans.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You need to be happy with yourself now to be happy with yourself later. Being thin, in shape, buff, fit doesn't change who you are.

Agreed! You have to be in a place where you are thankful for who & what you have become. Good or bad, love yourself so you can take the steps to improve what needs improving. I'm rooting for you!
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I agree take a big deep breath! You have got this I was well over 220 once and when I started here I was 205 I am now 158 it can be done just takes time!! You can send me a friend request if you want a little support! You can do it though!! Dont doubt yourself! :)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I'm healthy, had always been thin and I hate to tell you that size does not determine whether a person is happy or not happy.
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you think it is your weight making you unhappy, then you should be VERY pleased with yourself each time you work out, or log your food intake daily, and know that YOU are the your motivation, drive and success! =D

I can understand where you are coming from =) We all have our moments. You can do this!!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Not nessessaraly (dunno how the hello u spell that word ha) true. When i was at my slimmest of 124lbs i was mega misserable. It was a hard weight to maintain and i was always very moody and genrally not a happy person. Although i;ve gained some weight back and im trying to healthily lose it again, im happier now than i was at 124lbs.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It is possible for you. If that's what it will take for you to be happy then use it as motivation and work hard to get there.

Don't forget to celebrate small progress and to set reasonable goals for yourself. Otherwise you will feel like you are failing and give up. Feel free to add me and msg for motivation!
  • arykh24
    Options
    I have lost 49 lbs in the past 8 months...and it DOES make me feel happier!! I feel like I am more confident in everything I do! I feel and look better! It is amazing! You can do it!!! Anything is possible! "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
  • rochey1098
    Options
    If you're unhappy because you're overweight then yeah of course losing will make you very happy. If it's something else then it wont mask that. You seem like a really sweet and genuine person and I hope everything works out for you :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of thin, fit, unhappy people. Just as there are plenty of overweight, unfit, happy people. If you are looking for weight loss to make you happy you may be in for a rude awakening should you meet your weight loss goal. If you don't love yourself when you are overweight, you probably won't love yourself when you are thin either.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thin and gfit people are not necessarily better off in life. They come across the same issues you come across in every day life. Being thin isn't a garant for being happy.If you don;lt come to terms with yourself, you will be unable to improve your mood and once you are thin just find something else that you can brood over ^^
    Remember, the grass always looks greener on the other side and when you are finally there, it's still the same baldy patch of grass :bigsmile:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to say. You know that I am having difficulties also. One thing that I am trying to do right now is reach out to others. I quit posting for a while because I felt like a hypocrit, offering words that I wasn't practicing myself. However, I have decided that if I can reach out to others and offer encouragement and support then I can't be focusing on how disappointed I am in myself.

Keep your chin up. I am right here with you! (don't know if that's encouraging or not:wink: )

If you're interested, I started a Shred group today. I'm hoping having accountability will keep me honest, at least with my exercise.
  • katerice1976
    Options
    We all feel like that sometimes. I can tell you this, just getting out and doing 30 minutes of exercise boosts that self-image. One day at a time. One workout at a time will make you feel much better! I lost 25lbs between August and October then for some reason didn't work out from mid-October until today. I gained back 10lbs FAST! I started to feel awful. Body ached, but more importantly my self-image took that nose dive once again. I went and worked out today and just that one work out released the endorphins and I feel great again! Enough to make me want to go again tomorrow. It's the path that will make you feel better—not the destination.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not easy by any means. First things first speak positive words and set sustainable goals for yourself.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    The grass is always greener......

If I were taller, if I were thinner, if I were shorter, if I had different hair......then things would be better.

It's not about our circumstances, it's what we do with them and how we love ourselves. If you don't like yourself now, you probably won't like yourself when you lose weight because something will always need to be fixed.

You are more than the number on the scale. You are a worthwhile human being, deserving of love and respect (from yourself) no matter what the number on the scale or the clothing says.

On a side note I have a co-worker who is tiny, petite and thin and we were talking about clothing and I was made a comment about how cute her clothes were and how cute clothes were in general on thin people and her comment back was that she had the body of a 12 year old girl. She would love to have more curves and a more womanly figure.....so it's not always being thin that makes us happy.
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I want to thank each and every one of you for the wake up call... i know i have to love myself and i dont knwo why im being hard on myself, im gonna start trying to find more positive in everything and keep my chin up... Thank you all!