I cannot lose weight anymore

Options
This is my story, and I would love feedback, advice, suggestions.

I am 36 yrs old, small-framed, 5 ft 3 and weigh 145 lbs. Originally, in 2007, when I started my weight loss, I was at my very highest ever, which was 165. I got down to 130 in about 6 months from moderate exercise and omitting refined sugar from my diet.

I LOVED weighing 130, and would often even get down to 128 on some days. I stayed at 130 until the winter of 2010, when some pounds started creeping on.

131...135...138...it seemed like my body wasn't responding to my diet like it used to. I wasn't eating terribly at all.

Finally here I am at 145, unable to lose weight. I go down a few pounds, then back up. This has never happened before. I have cut calories, watch my sugar/sodium intake, avoid eating late, and exercise 3-4x a week. I drink nothing but water. I am also hypoglycemic, so I cannot go more than 2-3 hours without eating a small meal.

I'm not a fan of fad diets or pills...so I'm really at a loss what to do.

Replies

• NinthChakra
    Options
    I'm 36 years old also. I also am not at the weight I love. I would love to be 145-150 mainly because I'd be in a healthier BMI (truly) and I like the way my body feels...lighter, healthier, freer, more able to move. I don't want to offer advice...rather just let you know I'm here too and making steps to get there...though I'm not just focused on exercise and food. At this time I am exploring a more holistic approach and I feel confident it is the healthiest way to go for me. Best!

۞ Jenifer

We are the peace we are seeking.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor and have a full physical. Several conditions including low thyroid and low B12 can affect your ability to lose weight. Also get your doctor's advice about how to best lose weight.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Would love to work with you to help you achieve your goals. If interested, send me a message.
  • Go to your doctor and have a full physical. Several conditions including low thyroid and low B12 can affect your ability to lose weight. Also get your doctor's advice about how to best lose weight.

Agreed. It sounds to me like it could be a thyroid problem.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    Could be that you just need to adjust your workouts, add more of them, or change how much or what you are eating. If you would like my help, message me and I would be glad to work with you.
  • jenaphile
    jenaphile Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for answering. This has been SO frustrating.