Holding myself accountable

Options
I'm writing this to y'all to hold myself accountable. I worked very hard to lose 7 lb by my anniversary. But because my husband is hopefully finishing up his last semester to become a civil engineer and the stress that has come with it, surprise, surprise, I gained 6 of them back. I know that some of it is water weight, some of it constipation. But all of it is because of seriously bad food choices due to stress eating. I made myself step on the scale this morning to hold myself accountable. And starting this morning, I'm going to fix this little issue of mine. Carrying a notebook around with me so that every time I want to put something in my mouth, I first write down in that notebook why it is I'm doing it. If I have a good reason and can specify why this piece of food or drink is good for me, then, I'll go for it. I won't be at the gym much this week as I'm going out of town to visit a good friend who is passing away and trying to take care of other family business. So I'm going to concentrate on my healthy diet, and keep myself motivated that way, and work on getting back to the gym next week.
Again, this is me hold MYSELF accountable. Thank you for letting me write this to you guys and listening.
Have a wonderful, healthy, energetic week!

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm writing this to y'all to hold myself accountable. I worked very hard to lose 7 lb by my anniversary. But because my husband is hopefully finishing up his last semester to become a civil engineer and the stress that has come with it, surprise, surprise, I gained 6 of them back. I know that some of it is water weight, some of it constipation. But all of it is because of seriously bad food choices due to stress eating. I made myself step on the scale this morning to hold myself accountable. And starting this morning, I'm going to fix this little issue of mine. Carrying a notebook around with me so that every time I want to put something in my mouth, I first write down in that notebook why it is I'm doing it. If I have a good reason and can specify why this piece of food or drink is good for me, then, I'll go for it. I won't be at the gym much this week as I'm going out of town to visit a good friend who is passing away and trying to take care of other family business. So I'm going to concentrate on my healthy diet, and keep myself motivated that way, and work on getting back to the gym next week.
    Again, this is me hold MYSELF accountable. Thank you for letting me write this to you guys and listening.
    Have a wonderful, healthy, energetic week!
  • BillieBrink
    Options
    You have to remember that food is just that FOOD. We need it to survive try and make all good choices. I am living by my food diary. Not going over and the only way I can do that and not be hungry is with fruit and veggies. I have my lunch packed with all fruits and veggies at work. Can't eat any more than I packed!

Take comfort in yourself and how you will look when you loose that extra weight. That is what I am doing to keep going. Those bad choices just are not worth it!!:flowerforyou:

HANG IN THERE!!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Great suggestions. I work from home, but need to stock up more on the good stuff.