91 lbs Down So Far

BroDave
BroDave Posts: 241 Member
edited October 5 in Success Stories
Last Christmas my youngest grand-daughter sat on my lap and rubbed my belly and said "You've got a big belly Papa, are you going to have a baby?" I had been dabbling with losing some weight, I would walk for a few days and then quit for whatever reason. Well I made the commitment to do it this time, setting the goal to lose 100lbs by Jan 1 2012.

I began by walking only but needed some motivation so I registered for a Half Marathon for June. Knowing that if I pay $50 for this half marathon I am going to do it. So I found a walking plan for half marathons and by May I was joggong some and had lost 40lbs. I finished in just over 3 hrs but when I finished I felt like I could do it faster next time. Right away I registered for another race and started working for that one.

I have ran 4 half marathons, (each faster than the last) a 15K, 3 10K's and several 5K's. I registered for my first full Marathon for April 28 and have already started training for it. I run about 40 miles a week now and I am down 91 lbs from 280 to 189 since Jan 1, Praise the Lord!!!! I only have 9 more lbs to go for the last 5 weeks of the year, to hit my goal of 100lbs this year, I am pretty fired up about it all this morning.

I said all that to say: Thank you for all your encouragement and support I look forward to the post on my status each day and want to be a motivating force for you all as well.

So Thank You to all of you here on MFP
Bro Dave

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!