Cardio daily?

Options
So I have been doing Power 90 but I HATE the cardio portion of it (Sooo boring). I'm looking to change it to using the elliptical instead on those days. However I wonder, is it good to do the elliptical every day and do the Power 90 strength training every other day?

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do Power 90 as a program. You can do a different cardio and do Power 90 strength training.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Egads... I can't even imagine what the cardio workout is like if the eliptical is LESS boring?!?!?!????

Are you talking about doing the eliptical 7 days a week and Power 90 3-4 days (every other)? That's a lot of workouts. If your body can handle it, then go for it... but feeding it properly and making the most of your recovery time is going to be crucial.
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do my elliptical 6 days a week, and I do my own strength training probably 3 days out of those as well. I am sure it isn't as intense as the program's, but I think that as long as your body can handle it, and you are eating enough to keep up with it all, then go ahead and do it that way. You will know if you need to make some more changes, or if it isn't working out well for you.
  • fitzerin
    Options
    Well with the elliptical I can watch a movie or read a book while I do it but since the Power 90 workout is a DVD I can't watch anything else while I do it.

I was thinking of doing the elliptical daily (6 days...one day of rest a week) and doing Power 90 every other day...I thought that by doing the elliptical daily it would help with my endurance (I can't last long on it now). I also thought that the recovery period was mainly for the muscles after strength training. Am I wrong about this? Should I stick to an every other day switch off like cardio one day and strength training the other?