91 lbs Down So Far

Options
BroDave
BroDave Posts: 249 Member
Last Christmas my youngest grand-daughter sat on my lap and rubbed my belly and said "You've got a big belly Papa, are you going to have a baby?" I had been dabbling with losing some weight, I would walk for a few days and then quit for whatever reason. Well I made the commitment to do it this time, setting the goal to lose 100lbs by Jan 1 2012.

I began by walking only but needed some motivation so I registered for a Half Marathon for June. Knowing that if I pay $50 for this half marathon I am going to do it. So I found a walking plan for half marathons and by May I was joggong some and had lost 40lbs. I finished in just over 3 hrs but when I finished I felt like I could do it faster next time. Right away I registered for another race and started working for that one.

I have ran 4 half marathons, (each faster than the last) a 15K, 3 10K's and several 5K's. I registered for my first full Marathon for April 28 and have already started training for it. I run about 40 miles a week now and I am down 91 lbs from 280 to 189 since Jan 1, Praise the Lord!!!! I only have 9 more lbs to go for the last 5 weeks of the year, to hit my goal of 100lbs this year, I am pretty fired up about it all this morning.

I said all that to say: Thank you for all your encouragement and support I look forward to the post on my status each day and want to be a motivating force for you all as well.

So Thank You to all of you here on MFP
Bro Dave

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!