Help!!! Here I go AGAIN!!!!

Options
Right here i go again.
i realise its just before xmas but if i don't start trying again now well i'll be even heavier on new years day.
Well it appears i haven't logged on for 18 months, and yes you've guessed it i have put on loads since my last weigh-in. although to be honest i really have no idea how much, tomorrow is my start date, thought i'd get things ready before i start up again.
Here's hoping i stick to it for longer then 2 dam weeks this time, every time i start dieting it always ends in failure and i feel like such a fool. i must weigh 200lb +
I watched a TV program the other day about an 18yr old girl who weighed 250lb and in about 4 months through help and loads of effort she was down to 160lb!!!!!!
I know that i will never be able to do that in such a short space of time as i cannot exercise as much as she did due to health reasons but if i could still try and if i only lost 21lb that would be a massive achievement.
July 26th this year i will be 40yrs old and i really don't want to go into my 40s weighing 200lb.... I said the same thing at 30 grrrrr and look 9 yrs later i'm the same.....
Anyone want to be my friend that would be so great. I have no friends on here and i think it would be helpful, it might give me inspiration.....
please help and give me some guidance and strength i really really need it

Replies

• Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    Add me!
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back! Glad you found your motivation again! It's time to push yourself! :D you can add me if you like
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I am in the same boat as you!
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    Welcome back! Good luck keeping up the motivation. I know it can be really hard, but just stick with it and get some supportive friends! Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll do my best to help you stay on track!
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Feel free to add me. The first week I was on MFP, I was just logging food and exercise. Then my smartphone died and I had to log on through my computer. Well, knock me down with a feather if I didn't find a huge community of supportive, positive, uplifting, inspirational people who love nothing more than to give and take motivation.

This site is an amazing tool if you use it fully.

Get amongst it!

And welcome back!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm Vonnie,

Feel free to add me. I have my own health concerns but YOU CAN do this! Begin telling yourself what YOU CAN do! Start today and remember to cut yourself some slack. Oh and I guess you figured out now it can't be a diet, it HAS to be a lifestyle change a different way of thinking. I'll help you as best I can. Welcome back now let's get moving.
  • Koors0516
    Options
    Feel free to friend me!

I too will be 40 next year (in May) and I want to be under 200 by then! I am close to that (which is my first goal) now but, I want to lose another 50 to get to 150 by this time next year!

I am not sure your restrictions but, my BF has many health restrictions as well. He's using this along with minimal exercise & is showing results. With will power & people to support you, you can do it!

Just remember to make sure you log everything - even if you go over - so you know your trends.

It's nice to meet you... good luck!

Korey
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! Here are a few things I realized a couple years ago when I started this "final" journey to lose the weight and keep it of...

1) Don't compare yourself to others. Like that girl who lost almost 100 pounds in 4 months...glad you know that's not realistic. It's not only unrealistic, it's pretty damn close to impossible unless you're on a show like that with a staff of people to feed you and make you exercise. Heck, I wouldn't even compare myself to people on here much... I have success by eating my exercise calories back (as MFP recommends) but others will say if they do that they can't lose. Do what works for you and for the love of all that's holy - have some patience! It's not a race and you're not competing for a half million dollar prize, this is for your life and health. Which brings me to my next point...

2) It's not all about the number on the scale. Think about long term changes like fitness and health. Yes it's great to lose the weight but if you're in it for the long term, you can't just think about getting skinny as quickly as possible. That usually leads to unhealthy eating and too much exercise and that's likely why you give up in 2 weeks every time. Lean to eat the foods you like in proper portions and exercise 30-60 minutes per day a few times a week to start. It also helps to find an exercise you really enjoy so it doesn't feel like torture. And take your measurements - sometimes when the scale doesn't move, you might still be losing inches. Pay attention to how your clothes fit too.

3) Don't set unrealistic goals. Here is a great guideline for setting weekly weight loss goals:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

That's it for now - you'll learn loads more hanging around the message boards. Good luck!
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Make a commitment to log in every day. Log your food before you eat it and you will begin to change. There is a lot of support here so make use of it. I still can't believe this is all FREE. Been there done that on the whole "I'm gonna" thing. If it is really the time for you, then do it. When an excuse pops up, shoot it down. Baby steps - make the firm commitment to simply log in and track first. I also have points at which I drop out (3 weeks and 6 weeks are bad for me). This time I have friends on here and I am posting my weighin on Facebook (both in a group and also in my public status). Trying to make it as solid as I can.

You can do it!! Doesn't matter how many times you have failed - that is the past. Today is your NOW.
  • threefour34
    Options
    I am starting again today and can use some help with motivation. I am older than you but have done the same kinds of behavior with my dieting. Maybe together we can succeed.
  • SusanHulance
    SusanHulance Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off of here. Lost a few pounds then put them back on. Really wanna make an effort this time. Hopefully trying for a baby in the new year and wanna be fighting fit.
    Feel free to add me. We all need all the support we can get!
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm sort of starting over again right now too.

WE CAN DO THIS!
  • brunzella92
    brunzella92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • 2011JAM
    2011JAM Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much, i am truly touched (ask my husband!!) by everyones friendliness it's wonderful
    im looking forward now rather then dreading it....