Starting P90X today!

Options
I am starting P90X today! Has anyone done the full 90 days? I have an average fitness level and am looking for some help to achieve the P90X fitness level. I would love some tips and suggestions so I can make it through.

Replies

• Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have been through it, but did not do the nutrition plan. I say make sure you stick with the meal plan and keep pushing. Whatever you do, make sure you hold yourself accountable. It's a long journey and easy enough to quit... especially in the beginning.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I have completed the full program once, and have done a hybrid of the program for another 5 rounds.

The biggest tip I can give is stick with it, keep pushing play, and make sure you are eating enough (the program suggest the lowest your intake should be would be 1800 calories) So if you do that and if you burn an average of 450 cals/workout your net would be 1350, which should get you through.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have! It's just like Tony Horton says, "Show up and press play every day." It's hard to stick with because some of the days are longer in exercise, but if you do, you'll be pleased with the results. I really started seeing changes in the last 30 days. You'll find many people here are big P90X fans, and many of those have done it multiple times. I'm currently doing a P90X/Insanity/Cardio I love hybrid on a schedule I developed using one I found on line as a guide.
  • mhig011975
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd round of P90X. And don't push yourself too hard, if some of the workouts are kinda tough, go at your own pace.
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh YAY! I did this once before and I’m starting it up again. next week.
    I LOVE P90X.. best advice would be to give yourself 2 FULL weeks to get your body used to it.
    I felt like I was hit by a truck the first 2 weeks. But that pain goes away.
    You will LOVE IT!!!!
    Friend me! We can complain to each other ha ha ha
  • 1234IWORKOUT5678
    Options
    I have been through it, but did not do the nutrition plan. I say make sure you stick with the meal plan and keep pushing. Whatever you do, make sure you hold yourself accountable. It's a long journey and easy enough to quit... especially in the beginning.

I am gonna try really hard to stick to the nutrition plan. If nothing else I am going to have no processed sugars.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    I've gotten to week three about three times. So now I'm just doing a mix of p90x, Insanity, turbofire and other programs. Whatever I"m in the mood for, I do. I try to get three strength training days a week and 3 cardio type HIIT programs.

I'm going to do back and biceps today and maybe diamond delts from his one on one series.

Have fun and enjoy!
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am also starting P90X today, I have tried it in the past (Classic Version) but this time I am going to do the Lean Version. The Classic version is tuff unless you are already pretty strong, lots of pull ups,push ups, etc. The lean version has more cardio and plyometeric type workouts. I still need to lose approx. 40lbs. I am also using Shakeology which I really love, I started a 3 day shakeology cleanse today. I am hoping to lose around 10lbs. I did the cleanse back in July and lost 9lbs and kept it off, I have continued to drink one shake a day since my last cleanse. So I am hoping for the same results. I am also doing the turbo fire Hiit dvds in the morning before work every other day.

Well Good Luck on your P90x Journey, keep me updated on your success.
    Kim
  • 1234IWORKOUT5678
    Options
    My brother is going to do it with me so we will be able to help each other out and keep on track.
  • 1234IWORKOUT5678
    Options
    I just figured out how to add my tracker to discussion posts :happy:
    12640869.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    I just finished last week. Loved it! Definitely worth all the hard work.

Angie
  • doooz
    doooz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else tried the LEAN vs the classic?

I already know I am going to struggle with all of the push ups and pull ups as I am still pretty over-weight (6'2, ~ 270lbs). Should I do the LEAN and then classic? I have had the discs for over a year now but been intimidated by all of the push/pull ups.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
  • StLouisTim
    Options
    Don't be intimidated by the Classic. There's a lot of push-ups and pull-ups, but you can go at your own pace. The important thing is to start. I have trouble with the pull-ups and use the bands instead.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else tried the LEAN vs the classic?

I already know I am going to struggle with all of the push ups and pull ups as I am still pretty over-weight (6'2, ~ 270lbs). Should I do the LEAN and then classic? I have had the discs for over a year now but been intimidated by all of the push/pull ups.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

There are still plenty of tough pushups in Core Synergistics, the Chest and Back replacement. You also get pull ups with the Legs and Back workout. When you get to Chest Shoulders and Triceps, you want to have a good foundation as those pushups are tough.Do the Classic version first. You won't get better at push ups unless you do them. If they do get tough, and they will, just drop to your knees for the last few. I started at 222 lbs and 5'11".

Saw something in Sports Authority that was a pull up assist strap that hung off the bar and you would put one foot through. The elastic bands give up to 100 lbs of help. I still can't do a lot of pull ups, so I just use the chair like they do in the videos.
  • fitlittlelovely
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting P90x Classic today as well!
    I'm in pretty good shape cardiovascular-wise, but it doesn't seem as if cardio helps me lose weight.

Does anybody know how much a workout would burn for someone around 115lbs? My heartrate monitor is a little konky. Thanks!
  • itslillers
    itslillers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X today as well! I just finished Insanity a few weeks ago so I may end up doing a little hybrid in a couple weeks.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting P90x Classic today as well!
    I'm in pretty good shape cardiovascular-wise, but it doesn't seem as if cardio helps me lose weight.

Does anybody know how much a workout would burn for someone around 115lbs? My heartrate monitor is a little konky. Thanks!

for the strength workouts probably 300-400, cals and for the plyo I would guess 400-600, depending on how hard you push.