Thanksgiving!

So Thanksgiving came and went. How many of you gave in and indulged or stayed firmly on track?

As for myself, I definitely indulged a bit more than I usually do, but that only meant that I would have to work out 10 times harder!
And it seemed to work out well since I lost a little over a pound this week. :)

How did it go for you all?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Deliciously!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    :happy: I pigged out. Enjoyed the food and the company, back on track today.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    gained a lb and then lost it. ate what i wanted w a bit more portion control than usual, and WORKED OUT EVERY DAY!! (go me :happy: )
  • I pigged out soo much. I now know how awful it feels to work so hard to throw it away. I will not be doing it to the extent that I did for and maybe next time I will be more conscience on my choices.
  • @ FBmaddy55: Nice! Hahaha. I really, really wish I could have just let go and ate all the delicious food, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. But great mentality, that's what you gotta do, get right back on track. :)

@cnhobbes: Yes! Working out can make or break you, good job! And *thumbs up* @ the portion control. :3
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    :happy: I pigged out. Enjoyed the food and the company, back on track today.

Same. :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Pigged out and got right back on track...plan to do the same for Christmas! :)
  • I pigged out soo much. I now know how awful it feels to work so hard to throw it away. I will not be doing it to the extent that I did for and maybe next time I will be more conscience on my choices.

Mhmm, it's definitely a hard feeling to deal with, which is why I try and limit myself on those occasions. But today is a new day, a new week even. You've got all the time in the world to make up for it. :)
  • Pigged out and got right back on track...plan to do the same for Christmas! :)

Haha, nice! Getting back on track is key!
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    @ FBmaddy55: Nice! Hahaha. I really, really wish I could have just let go and ate all the delicious food, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. But great mentality, that's what you gotta do, get right back on track. :)

@cnhobbes: Yes! Working out can make or break you, good job! And *thumbs up* @ the portion control. :3

thanks, hon! portion control is my main issue. i've always ate healthy stuff, just LOTS OF IT. i didn't log anything on thurs fri or sat (mostly out of difficulty trying to find the right foods) but back on track yest and today. Thanks again!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 583 Member
    Nothing different. Ran an 8K turkey trot, enjoyed some post race beers, had some lunch, napped, then had dinner with some wine. Stayed under cals. It helps that I have food allergies though. As frustrating as they can be at times...when it comes to the holidays I can't go crazy because usually I only have so much cooked that I can eat and I definitely can't touch desserts! Its just that darn wine I have to be careful with :-)
  • Nothing different. Ran an 8K turkey trot, enjoyed some post race beers, had some lunch, napped, then had dinner with some wine. Stayed under cals. It helps that I have food allergies though. As frustrating as they can be at times...when it comes to the holidays I can't go crazy because usually I only have so much cooked that I can eat and I definitely can't touch desserts! Its just that darn wine I have to be careful with :-)

Nice! I can barely run for 8 minutes, let alone 8 miles ahaha.
    But yeah, I can see how the allergies can be bitter-sweet, looks like they do help though when it comes to snacking! And I heard wine has a lot of calories... but it's good for you in moderation. :3
  • thanks, hon! portion control is my main issue. i've always ate healthy stuff, just LOTS OF IT. i didn't log anything on thurs fri or sat (mostly out of difficulty trying to find the right foods) but back on track yest and today. Thanks again!

I think I had the opposite problem... I ate small amounts of things, but I'd eat small amounts of horrible things, which just made me gain so much weight. But I'm glad you're doing well!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I ate everything I wanted, but that ended up being one plate of dinner, a slice of pie, and 2 small pieces of fudge. (I'm not sure how many calories it was. Tried to log it but it was so much guessing that there was no point.) But I still lost a pound this week as usual.
  • I ate everything I wanted, but that ended up being one plate of dinner, a slice of pie, and 2 small pieces of fudge. (I'm not sure how many calories it was. Tried to log it but it was so much guessing that there was no point.) But I still lost a pound this week as usual.

Excellent! I had similar in the sense that I ate what I wanted which was: My Jenny Craig turkey salad kit, half a sweet potato with a teaspoon of agave syrup, and some spinach. Then I had half a cannoli, half a slice of pumpkin pie and a fourth of this other thing I just wanted to try :lol
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I ate and drank so much I had to lay down after dinner. I'm not kidding. And it was worth it times infinity. MIL made me a latte and brought it to me on the couch where we lounged around and looked at Black Friday ads. Then I got up on Friday and went to the gym, and life went back to normal.
  • I ate and drank so much I had to lay down after dinner. I'm not kidding. And it was worth it times infinity. MIL made me a latte and brought it to me on the couch where we lounged around and looked at Black Friday ads. Then I got up on Friday and went to the gym, and life went back to normal.

Very nice :)! Hey, you're allowed one day of gorging on food!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I let loose on Thanksgiving! I ate about 5600 calories.