Belly and thigh fat?

Options
Where are your fatty spots and what do you do about it? I have very skinny arms, neck, and shoulders. You can even see my bones in my chest, however my thighs have a lot of fat and so does my belly! I am losing the pounds in the wrong places. How can I lose it where I need to?

Replies

• rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose it is to lose all over, sorry =/
  • QueenT24
    Options
    What does your work out plan consist of?
  • JennyJacobsen
    JennyJacobsen Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have heard that to lose fat in certain areas Cardio exercise is the way to go. I always thought U had to do tons of tummy crunches to lose it. I was told that isn't going to do it.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    I feel your pain and I'm going through the same thing. Unfortunately, you can not spot reduce just watch your caloric intake, do tons on cardio, and do toning exercises. That's what's working for me.
  • shortandfeisty
    Options
    Running really helped me to trim down my belly fat. Still working on my thighs (thanks, Mom!!) LOL
  • danceforlifee
    Options
    What does your work out plan consist of?

I'm a dancer so that involves a lot of leg and arm movements. I also enjoy running, so you can imagine that I have muscular legs. But the upper thigh is where the fat is.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I know exactly what u mean, but with lots of cardio & toning I am seeing some results. Do that & you will too!!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Tummy and neck for me. But its all about overall body fat loss which requires a small deficit to maintain muscle mass. High cardio can increase muscle loss and retain body fat.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where to lose fat. No such thing as spot reducution... reduce body fat % and work on toning so that the fat is thinner over the body and the muscle underneath is toned! Eating healthy food like fruit and veg may help improve your skin quality that looks great too!
  • htrl877
    Options
    yeah running has helped on losing fat around my middle. power walking uphill also helps losing lower belly fat. a mix of cardio and weight lifting really. so for example, run a few miles one day and then on your off day do strength training. do low weights and high reps. Also-- going around a track and doing a series of lunges (front ward lunges 1/4, backward lunges 1/4, side squats right side step 1/4, side squats left side step 1/4) will help your whole body if you maintain your posture and weight distribution. the best advice is to mix up your exercises and work out multiple muscle groups in a workout.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, so unfortunately you have to be patient and eventually you will lose from all over. My thighs and belly (similar problem spots!) were the last to lose the pounds. My best results came from starting strength training. Cardio will only get you so far.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose it is to lose all over, sorry =/

Totally agree with this. Sorry : (
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Dr OZ did a show a couple weeks ago on what kinds of foods you eat and how they influence where you have trouble spots.

I like watching him, even though he seems like a lot of the information he has is for the ladies.

Check out his web site, I'm sure you'll find something there about that show.
  • missymischief
    Options
    Everyone loses weight differently - when I lose it, I lose it everywhere else first and in my thighs very last. It is extremely frustrating, but it does come off eventually. Don't get discouraged and keep going.

Weights are just as important as cardio and you need a healthy balance of both. Adjust your carb/protein/fat ratio to 40/40/20. If you can keep your carbs down to 40% and your protein up to 40%, stay within you calorie limit and exercise 4-5 times a week - i promise you it will come off, even it is last.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Dropping wheat and going low carb has helped shrink my tummy and drop quite a bit of my weight, also still working on my thighs and butt! I've definitely shrunk overall down 2 stone & 2 sizes also been wearing sauna belt around tummy and some zaggora hot pants.. getting in 14-16's now from size 20 (UK sizes)