21 Year Old Unhappy in her Own Body

Options
Hi there. My name's Kristina. I'm from Scotland.

I joined MFP hoping that it will help me in my journey to become my ideal weight. I'm so unhappy with myself right now it hurts but I'm hoping to change all that. So hello! :)

Replies

• rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Make yourself at home =) And get ready to work hard for the body you want =D
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp :0)
    Feel free to add me x
  • nycko20
    Options
    Hello lady, I hope you can find some motivation from this website to look at yourself in a positive way again. Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome - feel free to befriend me - I am all about supporting people on a quest to getting happier with themselves.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Ok, so you are over weight. Don't beat yourself up over it cuz that does no good. It took you a while to get there and it's going to take a while to reverse. Now, take 1 day at a time and 1 meal at a time. Remember, each meal is a battle. Win more than you lose and you'll see progress. You'll also have bad days...we all do. Forget them and move on. You can't change them anyway, just learn from them. And if you ever wanna give up...remember how you feel right now.
    Now let's get to work. You can do this. I was the king excuse maker. If I can do you...trust me, you can too.
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    Where in Scotland are you from? I lived near Balloch for a time and miss it a lot :-)

I've been unhappy with my body for years and years, you're definitely not alone there! The best thing about you starting now is that you won't have to spend the entirety of your 20's unhappy with yourself! It's a lot of work and I'm not going to lie, it's a total pain in the butt, but it's worth it. You can do it!

Kris
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Hello! I can definitely relate! I am 19 and my recent weight gain has left me SO unhappy about myself and my body. None of my clothes were fitting and it was making me depressed! I finally realized that I can continue on being miserable or I can CHANGE and do something about it, so here I am! I would love to have you as a friend on here if you need some support! Feel free to add me! and good luck on your journey! I know you can do it! We all deserve to be happy! :flowerforyou:
  • GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I know how you feel, I'm 20, and even though I'm not hugely overweight, I'm not happy with how I look. My tummy is too squishy and my clothes don't fit right. But it's great to have so many people on here to support you and give you tips on how to lose the weight and keep it off. I've only just started, but I'm hoping I can manage it!

Edit: Oh and feel free to add me!
  • irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    Please tell me your SN is based off of a Dresden Doll's Song!
  • AlmostMrsMoore
    Options
    Hey - welcome to MFP! I'm 22 and also from Scotland - feel free to add me for support :)
  • KHardy1989
    Options
    Hi :) I just joined too. I'm getting married in 6 months and I'm tryin to lose a certain amount of weight in that time so I can rock my wedding gown!
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I completely understand where you are coming from.
    We can realize our beautiful selves soon! With a lot of hard work and a lot of good support! Sending you a friend request!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, get counselling! Or do self-help/ self-nurturing things... Look up info about body image/ self-care/ self-esteem.

By all means work on getting healthy, but to me it sounds like you really need to work on getting your mind healthy too! A skinny body is *not* necessarily a magic cure-all for low self-esteem/ poor body image. (If you read the forums and success stories, you'll see examples of that.)

I wish you all the best on your mental and physical journey.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, get counselling! Or do self-help/ self-nurturing things... Look up info about body image/ self-care/ self-esteem.

By all means work on getting healthy, but to me it sounds like you really need to work on getting your mind healthy too! A skinny body is *not* necessarily a magic cure-all for low self-esteem/ poor body image. (If you read the forums and success stories, you'll see examples of that.)

I wish you all the best on your mental and physical journey.
    Not that counseling might not be helpful, but it's hard to be young and out of shape. It takes it's toll on your self esteem! Getting healthier might be able to help her confidence a lot, and the endorphins from exercise make you happier anyways! As long as you're not expecting weight loss to solve all of your life problems, I don't think it's unhealthy to assume that getting in shape will make you happier! Just my two cents! :smile:
  • emmashutt91
    Options
    Hi, I'm Emma from Cumbria! Will add you as a friend, great community and support on MFP!
  • sarahjoyt
    Options
    Hey luv im 21 and very unhappy in my body! feel free to add me for support :)
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Greetings from the USA! Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me if you want a buddy for motivation and support. This site is great!