Anyone Else Like This?

Options
:frown: I feel like I am completely alone in this fitness area. Especially over Thanksgiving, I wouldn't let me self lose control for that one day and no one seemed to understand. I enjoyed my family time, but I didn't want to have any regrets later. I have lost 12 pounds so far and don't want to gain any back. When I worked out, my siblings made fun of me. I know that that is to be expected but it still hurts. My mom is on board with me, but she lives 5 hours away and my fiance is long distance too. I have no one that goes to the gym to work out with me or eat healthy with me. It makes this all so much harder. My sister will take me to the gym and sit and read. I know that that is her type of support, but it would help so much more if I had someone to work out with. I kinda wish there was a MFP girl that I knew in my apartment so I could have a work out buddy. :ohwell: Sorry, today is just a bit hard for me.

Replies

• lobbylobster
    lobbylobster Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just remember that everyone else on here is your buddy :D
    Its hard when friends and family eat bad, I always feel so tempted and excluded. Lucky for me, my flatmates eat healthy, and either exercise with me, or support me when I do exercise. That said, my family pick on me for having a tummy, and then accuse me of being anorexic when I tell them I'm exercising and eating healthy!
    It will all be worth it in the end, just keep your chin up and stick with it :)
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    :frown: I feel like I am completely alone in this fitness area. Especially over Thanksgiving, I wouldn't let me self lose control for that one day and no one seemed to understand. I enjoyed my family time, but I didn't want to have any regrets later. I have lost 12 pounds so far and don't want to gain any back. When I worked out, my siblings made fun of me. I know that that is to be expected but it still hurts. My mom is on board with me, but she lives 5 hours away and my fiance is long distance too. I have no one that goes to the gym to work out with me or eat healthy with me. It makes this all so much harder. My sister will take me to the gym and sit and read. I know that that is her type of support, but it would help so much more if I had someone to work out with. I kinda wish there was a MFP girl that I knew in my apartment so I could have a work out buddy. :ohwell: Sorry, today is just a bit hard for me.

I understand to a degree with what you are going through, it will get better.

I'm the only one in my house that is dieting and the only one who is working out, granted I used workout DVDs and such, and sometimes they dont remember and they yell for me to come help them with things when I just asked for time alone so i could workout and such but that's getting better.

Just keep your chin up, you're doing great.

your siblings that make fun of you might be jealous of you, or want what you've got
  • AMIS456
    AMIS456 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I find that most people that pick on us 'dieters' do it because they wish they had the self control that we exhibit! Just keep your head up! See if a friend at work wants to diet or work out with you, or pick an event coming up to train for that way you have a goal and your friends and family can come support you on the race/competition day! When they know what you are training for they may be tempted to join. Best of luck!
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can always try to do a search if MFP friends in your area!