Daily fat allowance

Options
I always am way under on my fat allowance slightly over on protein and just under on carbs usually have about 200 cals left over also (it do eat most of my exercise cals so about 1600 to 1800 per day so no issue with starvation) Today is probably a high day on fat because we are having german sausages for hot dogs tonight for dinner and they contain 28g fat even with this and using olive oil to make fries for lunch I still have 30 left on fat (this is a high fat day for me) I am losing weights 19 lbs since new year .

Should this be Ok or am I going to pay for this further down the line.

Any suggestions on how to increase fat content (obviously only good fats though) I use an olive oil spread instead of marg and I no longer poach my eggs I fry them in olive oil.

I don't want this to bite me on the @$$ in a month or so.

Any advice gr8ly recd.

Vicky
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    I always am way under on my fat allowance slightly over on protein and just under on carbs usually have about 200 cals left over also (it do eat most of my exercise cals so about 1600 to 1800 per day so no issue with starvation) Today is probably a high day on fat because we are having german sausages for hot dogs tonight for dinner and they contain 28g fat even with this and using olive oil to make fries for lunch I still have 30 left on fat (this is a high fat day for me) I am losing weights 19 lbs since new year .

Should this be Ok or am I going to pay for this further down the line.

Any suggestions on how to increase fat content (obviously only good fats though) I use an olive oil spread instead of marg and I no longer poach my eggs I fry them in olive oil.

I don't want this to bite me on the @$$ in a month or so.

Any advice gr8ly recd.

Vicky
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • DevilDog
    DevilDog Posts: 37
    Options
    exactly...I was thinking about my daily fat allowance. I'm not sure what it should be......

Hopefully, someone will chime in.

DD
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    it all really depends on what your goals are. you do not want 0 fat in your diet. some fats are good for you.

Personally i have set up custom goals for muscle gain and fat loss at the same time.

50% protien
    30% carbs
    20% fat.

I have done other "diets" in the past The Zone is probably the best i have used. It calls for 40% 30% and 30% if i remember right.
  • DevilDog
    Options
    So for protein.....you mean 50% of my body weight? I'm guessing?
  • DevilDog
    Options
    double post....not sure why it did that. I only hit send once

Sorry
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options

i'm pretty sure he means use protein for 50% of your daily caloire allowance. So if your calorie allowance was 1,500cals then 750 of those should come from protein.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

I think it would be 50% of your daily calorie allowance.
  • DevilDog
    Options
    OK......so how do you figure how many calories come from protein?

Now I'm really confused.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    OK......so how do you figure how many calories come from protein?

Now I'm really confused.

well 1 g of protein = 4 calories

I'm not sure how many calories you are allowed a day but if you were on say 1500 and you wanted 50% of those to be protein then you would have to eat 187.5 grams of protein. I think you can change this in your settings though (you can manually choose what percentage of fat, protein and carbs you want) and it will automatically calculate it for you. Hope this helps!
  • Drkrimage2
    Options
    The big question is what is it that your wanting out of this diet? use the KIS system, every package has a break down on it. you can do the math and break it down for each and pending on what your wanting out of this depends on the type of diet is for you. weight lifters like myself are high in protein, where a training friend of mines wife is higher in carbs because she does alot of aerobics- HIgh impact excercise not a great idea for BBers. What you eat and the amounts you eat also effect the quanity that you intake. when it is show time I can go as h igh as 80p-10c-and 10f but that 10f really depends on the types too. So you have to be very carefull there.

One thing to remember is that never eat greens or vegis two to three hours prior to going to bed- your body starts to shut down and it is harder to digest them when your on down time turning the good into sugars.

K-keep
    I-it
    S-simple

Best of luck to you and sounds like your doing great

Lonnie Denver -Colo
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/nutrition/fat_calories.html

This is a web site for kids that I use, because it's easy to understand without a lot of mumbo jumbo that I don't yet get.

1 gram of protein and carbs = 4 calories
    1 gram of fats = 9 calories

Making the math simple, if you eat the 40, 30, 30 plan and you get 1000 calories, then you would eat 400 calories in carbs, 300 in fat and 300 in protein. Since a gram IS NOT a calorie, you need to do a little more math. Using the 1000 calories: you would have 100 grams of carbs (400 divided by 4), 75 grams of protein (300 divided by 4) and then only 33.33 grams of fat (300 divided by 9). Somebody stop me if I'm getting it wrong because this is what I'm trying to learn now.

Now I'm going to go back and look at my own items to see where in the percentages I am. And let me know if you need more math done because I love math...:happy:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sorry DD i should have been more clear.

my calorie intake per day is set at 2800 (i try to stay at number regardless of activity)

Protien 50% = 350 grams per day x 4 = 1400
    Carbs 30% = 210 x 4 = 840
    Fat 20% = 62 x 9 = 558

Im at a deficit of .7 lbs per week.. my goal is to loose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

i currently weigh 250 lbs and most of the information i find says i need at least 300 grams of protien per day to increase my muscle mass.

check out this web site. lots of good info on body building, work outs and nutrition.

http://www.ast-ss.com

hope this helps

Tim