30 Day Shred

Options
I've heard all this hype about the 30-day shred workout set. Is it as awesome as it sounds? Should I invest in buying it?

Replies

• 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It's kicking my butt.

No real results yet, but I'm only on Day 4 and I just missed a bunch of workouts over the Holiday.

I do think it is great though - have heard some amazing success stories!

Plus - it isn't expensive, I don't remember paying more than maybe $15 on it - some other workout videos are $30+
  • Hornet4Life
    Options
    Plus - it isn't expensive, I don't remember paying more than maybe $15 on it - some other workout videos are $30+

How long are the DVD workout? and where did you buy it from (Amazon/Ebay)? Is it a set?
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes, its a really great workout! Not for wimps though, lots of cardio (jumping) and strength!

I highly recommend it!

(Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is a great workout too!)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Use the search feature and look for "30 day shred results" you should see for yourself and then decide.

I am currently on Day 3 of the Shred and so far it has kicked my *kitten*.
  • mheightchew
    Options
    i am on day 1 level 2 of my second go round. I love this workout!!! I lost several inches doing it. You can get it for $10 @ Walmart
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!! I got mine at Wal-Mart for $9 something. Workouts are 20min long. Results are awesome!!! Inches lost.
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The work out video is around 20 minutes and has 3 cycles. you work out to stage one for 10 days, stage 2 for 10 and stage 3 for 10. I haven't fully finished it yet but got a 5 lb result in the 2 weeks I did. Just a hint, if you do get it, play music while you do it. It gets annoying after awhile hearing the same thing over and over
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It's not really a set- you can pick up the DVD for around ten dollars practically anywhere. All you need are the handweights to go with it. I'm on my third time through. It hurts me, but in a good way.
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    They have it at Walmart for $9.97. I got mine from walmart.com - was ordering some other stuff anyway. I have only done level 1 3x so far but yes, she will kick your butt. LOL I am going to keep at it and build endurance and I like using weights and the ab segments.
  • khbsrt
    khbsrt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I found it at Target for only $7.99. I did level one for about 8 days. Then moved on to level 2 for a full week. Then started level 3. Not bad at all. Now, if i could just get myself to turn the dvd back on and get my body moving!!!
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    In my first 10 days I lost 2 inches on my waist doing 30 Day Shred & now I'm noticing a bit of muscle definition in my arm. Other than that I haven't noticed too much change. I combine 30DS w/ Burn Fat Boost Metabolism now (not everyday- just the days I have time).

I start level 3 tomorrow and I don't think I am going to be seeing the results that everyone else raved about.
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options

How long are the DVD workout? and where did you buy it from (Amazon/Ebay)? Is it a set?

Each workout takes about 30 min (if you include the warm up & cool down).

I got mine on Amazon, but you can get them at places like Target, Walmart, K-Mart too.

It is 1 DVD with 3 different levels.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with the shred (started Nov 1 and have done it every day so barring any disaster will finish on Nov 30). It's a great workout. Level 1 was an awesome combo of both toning and cardio, Level 2 stepped it up quite a bit and really kicked butt. Level 3 seems to do more toning although it's still a great workout. I was doing a re-feed for the first 2 weeks so I lost inches but no weight. Since I quit the re-feed I have continued on the inches and so far lost 4.2 lbs. I will have final measurements and weight on Dec 1. I can really see the results when I look in the mirror and that's huge for me.

I paid around $8 on Amazon for it. One of the best investments I've made so far.
  • terra_angelica
    Options
    I started the 30DS today. I usually do about 30 minutes on the treadmill followed by strength training. But after doing the video I don't feel like I have anything left for the treadmill or anything else. Is it okay if I just do the 20 minute workout alone, or should I also be doing more cardio (such as my usual 30 min. on the treadmill) everyday with it in order to have results? I want to make sure I loose the weight/inches.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and decided to go for it. Including shipping mine was under $12 on Amazon.com. I did day one last Monday and day two yesterday. (I only took that large of a break because I found out on Tuesday at work that my boss couldn't run a half-marathon she signed up for and gave me her bib number, needed fresh legs) Both days I have done it have been amazing! I sweat my butt off and I feel muscles the next day that I didn't know I had. Well worth the 12 bucks and can't wait to see some results!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS today. I usually do about 30 minutes on the treadmill followed by strength training. But after doing the video I don't feel like I have anything left for the treadmill or anything else. Is it okay if I just do the 20 minute workout alone, or should I also be doing more cardio (such as my usual 30 min. on the treadmill) everyday with it in order to have results? I want to make sure I loose the weight/inches.

Not sure what your schedule is like, but I've been getting up in the morning and doing my treadmill cardio before work. Then when I get home I only have to do the Shred. I just started, so don't have any results to share. I do that because like you I don't feel like I have anything left after the DVD to give to the treadmill. Hope that helps!
  • terra_angelica
    Options
    Thanks! That makes sense to separate the routines!