Thanksgiving!

Options
So Thanksgiving came and went. How many of you gave in and indulged or stayed firmly on track?

As for myself, I definitely indulged a bit more than I usually do, but that only meant that I would have to work out 10 times harder!
And it seemed to work out well since I lost a little over a pound this week. :)

How did it go for you all?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Deliciously!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    :happy: I pigged out. Enjoyed the food and the company, back on track today.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    gained a lb and then lost it. ate what i wanted w a bit more portion control than usual, and WORKED OUT EVERY DAY!! (go me :happy: )
  • Hornet4Life
    Options
    I pigged out soo much. I now know how awful it feels to work so hard to throw it away. I will not be doing it to the extent that I did for and maybe next time I will be more conscience on my choices.
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    @ FBmaddy55: Nice! Hahaha. I really, really wish I could have just let go and ate all the delicious food, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. But great mentality, that's what you gotta do, get right back on track. :)

@cnhobbes: Yes! Working out can make or break you, good job! And *thumbs up* @ the portion control. :3
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    :happy: I pigged out. Enjoyed the food and the company, back on track today.

Same. :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Pigged out and got right back on track...plan to do the same for Christmas! :)
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    I pigged out soo much. I now know how awful it feels to work so hard to throw it away. I will not be doing it to the extent that I did for and maybe next time I will be more conscience on my choices.

Mhmm, it's definitely a hard feeling to deal with, which is why I try and limit myself on those occasions. But today is a new day, a new week even. You've got all the time in the world to make up for it. :)
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    Pigged out and got right back on track...plan to do the same for Christmas! :)

Haha, nice! Getting back on track is key!
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @ FBmaddy55: Nice! Hahaha. I really, really wish I could have just let go and ate all the delicious food, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. But great mentality, that's what you gotta do, get right back on track. :)

@cnhobbes: Yes! Working out can make or break you, good job! And *thumbs up* @ the portion control. :3

thanks, hon! portion control is my main issue. i've always ate healthy stuff, just LOTS OF IT. i didn't log anything on thurs fri or sat (mostly out of difficulty trying to find the right foods) but back on track yest and today. Thanks again!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Nothing different. Ran an 8K turkey trot, enjoyed some post race beers, had some lunch, napped, then had dinner with some wine. Stayed under cals. It helps that I have food allergies though. As frustrating as they can be at times...when it comes to the holidays I can't go crazy because usually I only have so much cooked that I can eat and I definitely can't touch desserts! Its just that darn wine I have to be careful with :-)
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    Nothing different. Ran an 8K turkey trot, enjoyed some post race beers, had some lunch, napped, then had dinner with some wine. Stayed under cals. It helps that I have food allergies though. As frustrating as they can be at times...when it comes to the holidays I can't go crazy because usually I only have so much cooked that I can eat and I definitely can't touch desserts! Its just that darn wine I have to be careful with :-)

Nice! I can barely run for 8 minutes, let alone 8 miles ahaha.
    But yeah, I can see how the allergies can be bitter-sweet, looks like they do help though when it comes to snacking! And I heard wine has a lot of calories... but it's good for you in moderation. :3
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    thanks, hon! portion control is my main issue. i've always ate healthy stuff, just LOTS OF IT. i didn't log anything on thurs fri or sat (mostly out of difficulty trying to find the right foods) but back on track yest and today. Thanks again!

I think I had the opposite problem... I ate small amounts of things, but I'd eat small amounts of horrible things, which just made me gain so much weight. But I'm glad you're doing well!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I ate everything I wanted, but that ended up being one plate of dinner, a slice of pie, and 2 small pieces of fudge. (I'm not sure how many calories it was. Tried to log it but it was so much guessing that there was no point.) But I still lost a pound this week as usual.
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    I ate everything I wanted, but that ended up being one plate of dinner, a slice of pie, and 2 small pieces of fudge. (I'm not sure how many calories it was. Tried to log it but it was so much guessing that there was no point.) But I still lost a pound this week as usual.

Excellent! I had similar in the sense that I ate what I wanted which was: My Jenny Craig turkey salad kit, half a sweet potato with a teaspoon of agave syrup, and some spinach. Then I had half a cannoli, half a slice of pumpkin pie and a fourth of this other thing I just wanted to try :lol
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I ate and drank so much I had to lay down after dinner. I'm not kidding. And it was worth it times infinity. MIL made me a latte and brought it to me on the couch where we lounged around and looked at Black Friday ads. Then I got up on Friday and went to the gym, and life went back to normal.
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    I ate and drank so much I had to lay down after dinner. I'm not kidding. And it was worth it times infinity. MIL made me a latte and brought it to me on the couch where we lounged around and looked at Black Friday ads. Then I got up on Friday and went to the gym, and life went back to normal.

Very nice :)! Hey, you're allowed one day of gorging on food!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I let loose on Thanksgiving! I ate about 5600 calories.