Blue eyes question for the girls!

Options
TCWE
TCWE Posts: 51 Member
Any other girls have dark brown hair, olive skin and blue eyes?
I have been trying to figure out eyeshadow colors or a way for the blueness in my eyes to stand out but cant figure it out!! They are dark blueish green (depending on what Im wearing) but kind of get drowned out....I want to make them stand out more without putting on alot of eyeshadow and making myself looked all caked in makeup....any natural looking ideas?

Replies

• Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bronzes!!! Bronze, copper and browns make blue eyes pop!
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have blue grey eyes and was told i should wear a purple eye shadow to make them stand out
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have dark brown hair, fair skin and blue eyes. I agree about brown/bronze eyeshadows.
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    Don't wear blue shadows. I like green and purples. they tend to make my eyes more blue
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Definitely brown, copper, red, even dark blue or charcoal gray.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options

haha this is exactly what i do i dab a bit of brown on my brush then dip it in a bronze shimmer and viola the perfect look
  • hannahbellelechter
    Options
    Dark brown, golds and blues. I like to do a smokey eye with navy on the outer lid & liner, and a silver/silver with blue tones on the inner eyes.
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    I have a couple tips: put a small amount of goldish/white shadow on the INSIDE corner of your eyes--it will really wake your eyes.

I agree with the bronze tips, but I also swear by peachy gold shades for blue eyes.
  • vettermr
    Options
    Being that my sister works with makeup everyday and I have blue eyes and brown hair, yes bronze and browns are the way to go! I will say that clothing also makes them pop more. You can experiment with eye liner too! Don't forget the coat of mascara!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Both my mother (and all her side of the family) and one of my best friends have olive/Mediterranean or north african complexions and bright blue eyes, and honestly, make up doesn't suit a single one of them. If you have striking colouring, it doesn't add anything, and sometimes subtracts.

It's people like me, with blonde hair, white eyelashes, olive skin and blue eyes who need help. I am yellow all over!
  • cindyrholmes
    cindyrholmes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do an inner liner and a slightly heaver top liner. I then blend some darker browns in the crevice on the lid and a light cream up by the brow and just above the top liner. Personally I only use mascara on the top lashes, but I have big blue eyes and long lashes so the bottoms seem like too much.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have blue eyes as well, and I like purple and green shadows....

12117749.png
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I like wearing browns/bronze colors with navy eyeliner. The liner looks black but that hint of blue really helps. I've heard some purples can look pretty and I have a purpleish pink that I like to use with grays for a lighter color look. You can use blue eye shadows in MODERATION. For example, for a more dramatic look I use browns on the lid and just a bit of navy on the outside corner. Hope this helps!
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am medium-fare, brown hair and blue eyed. I wear gold/bronze colours.
  • tinyprincess
    Options
    i have dark eyes, but mymom is a photographer and she is teaching me. she says a simple black eyeliner and black mascara is her fav trick to make peopes blue eyes pop. she even photoshops som on the blue eyed babies she does
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    that's what I wear too! I have brown hair, blue-grey eyes, and pale skin. I like shimmery bronze colors with a brown accent.
  • JenniM1974
    Options
    I have blue eyes and do the coppers and browns.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    you know, im sitting here reading this thread. and then realized i must be really bored at work to read about womens makeup. but then again, i had no idea how much was involved. lol
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options

I do the same, gives natural looking highlights to blue eyes
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Blue eye shadow makes my blue eyes pop.......