Chicken Scalloppine

Options
Tim964
Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
I found this on recipezaar and made it over the weekend. I twas fantastic and pretty low in calories, especially considering it is somewhat breaded and an fried.

Ingredients
• 4 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to about 1/3-inch thickness)
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
• 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or to taste)
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4-1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
• 1-2 tablespoon olive oil (for frying)

Lemon Glaze
• 1/4 cup chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt (can use more to taste)
• 4-5 thin lemon slices
• fresh parsley, chopped (to taste)

Directions
In a small bowl or shallow dish whisk together mustard and eggs; set aside. Combine the dry bread crumbs with poultry seasoning, garlic powder and seasoning salt; spread on a piece of waxed paper. Dip the breasts firstly in egg/mustard mixture (shake off any excess egg) then coat well with the crumb mixture, pressing downs with hands to adhere the crumbs to the breast. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it is no longer pink inside; remove and transfer to a plate to keep warm.

For the glaze; in the same skillet add in the broth, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil scraping any brown bits from the pan. Add in lemon slices and parsley; mix to combine for about 1 minute. Spoon the glaze/sauce over chicken and serve.

Per serving (calculated by recipezaar), 315 calories, 9.1 fat, 2.0 saturated, 174 cholesterol, 586 sodium, 434 potassium, 21.9 carbohydrate, 1.7 fiber, 2.6 sugar, 34.8 protein.

Replies

• Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I found this on recipezaar and made it over the weekend. I twas fantastic and pretty low in calories, especially considering it is somewhat breaded and an fried.

Ingredients
    • 4 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to about 1/3-inch thickness)
    • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
    • 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or to taste)
    • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1/4-1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
    • 1-2 tablespoon olive oil (for frying)

Lemon Glaze
    • 1/4 cup chicken broth
    • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt (can use more to taste)
    • 4-5 thin lemon slices
    • fresh parsley, chopped (to taste)

Directions
    In a small bowl or shallow dish whisk together mustard and eggs; set aside. Combine the dry bread crumbs with poultry seasoning, garlic powder and seasoning salt; spread on a piece of waxed paper. Dip the breasts firstly in egg/mustard mixture (shake off any excess egg) then coat well with the crumb mixture, pressing downs with hands to adhere the crumbs to the breast. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it is no longer pink inside; remove and transfer to a plate to keep warm.

For the glaze; in the same skillet add in the broth, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil scraping any brown bits from the pan. Add in lemon slices and parsley; mix to combine for about 1 minute. Spoon the glaze/sauce over chicken and serve.

Per serving (calculated by recipezaar), 315 calories, 9.1 fat, 2.0 saturated, 174 cholesterol, 586 sodium, 434 potassium, 21.9 carbohydrate, 1.7 fiber, 2.6 sugar, 34.8 protein.
  • lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This sounds fantastic! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :glasses: