green tea w/ lemon

Options
I entered this into my log and it says -78 cals. How can it say minus calories???

Replies

• bethaudrey
    Options
    I entered this into my log and it says -78 cals. How can it say minus calories???
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Cuz whoever entered it in, entered it in wrong. So you can change the data, I think, by clicking on "nutritional data" after you select it..
  • bethaudrey
    Options
    lol, ok, but have no idea how many cals it does have...
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Options
    greentea with lemon zero cals i think
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I WISH!!!!!
  • Yewkon
    Yewkon Posts: 34
    Options
    Some studies suggest drinking green tea will increase metabolism, so perhaps whomever entered in that drink into the database took that into consideration.

http://dietbites.com/green-tea-for-weight-loss.html

Some food are like that -- celery, for example, actually COSTS your body calories to digest i.e. it takes your body more calories to digest it than it receives from the food.
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I wish foods had negative calories lol
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I wish foods had negative calories lol

I wish CHOCOLATE had negative calories :bigsmile:
  • caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    Options
    There are actually a lot of foods with negative calories. That's why raw foods are so essential to losing weight. As for green tea being a full -78, though... it seems like a lot. But it is really good for boosting your metabolism and is definitely 0 cal.
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The program on food network (I forget the name, but it's like food science; they test food myths) says that raw celery has negative calories, assuming you don't dip it in anything or slather anything on it. The reason is that it has only a few calories, and the energy you spend chewing it and digesting the fiber in it makes it negative calories. (-3 kcal, or something :bigsmile: ) I eat mine with peanut butter, so it doesn't work for me though. :tongue: