I've lost 21 lbs... but...

Options
Hello, so I don't post often here, when I probably should. Though, I thought today I would put of a quick post of overall my thoughts because I need some sort of support here. I would have posted this is success, but I don't feel like this is much of a success than me needing a little help and opinions. I've noticed that there are some people that are around my height, I'm 5'3" that can weight as much as I do now and look AMAZING! For me though I started out at 180 pounds and now that I'm at 159 I feel like I should see more results than I actually am seeing. I would eventually like to be around 120, at least down to about 135 by February.

A couple details about me when I was 15 I was anorexic. I've been fully recovered since 2007 (16) during that time though I really packed on the pounds. Going from 109 to 180 in just a couple of years. So I'm wondering most of all if any other people that have gone through anorexia to being heavy noticed their body does the same thing. I'm just going to leave a photo and maybe someone can help me out here.

weightloss.jpg

Photo 1: 180
Photo 2: 175
Photo 3: 165
Photo 4: 159

Replies

• pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I am 5'2 and when I went from 170 to 150 I hardly noticed a difference and nobody else did either. I think it may have been because of my height but one I got down to 145-140 that was when I began to get a lot of compliments. At 135 I fit into a size 6 and at 120 i was a size 2. I think that because we are so short it is hard to see a huge difference do don't get upset over it you will see the results :)
  • voguextc
    voguextc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's really good to know. I've been getting a ton of compliments my jeans are smaller but I see no changes lol. I'm gonna keep pushing though... and for some reason the 4th photo will not show I don't know if that's just my computer or what. I'll continue to see if I can get that photo to shrink o.o
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and when I went from 170 to 150 I hardly noticed a difference and nobody else did either. I think it may have been because of my height but one I got down to 145-140 that was when I began to get a lot of compliments. At 135 I fit into a size 6 and at 120 i was a size 2. I think that because we are so short it is hard to see a huge difference do don't get upset over it you will see the results :)

I am so glad to hear this! I too haven't noticed much of a difference, even though i've lost up to 25 lbs (now 20). I'm 5' 3". Still the same pant size, everything. I was hoping something like this was what would happen. Thanks for the info!
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yup, keep your head up and keep pushing :)
    I totally feel your pain. I've lost 16 lb and barely see a difference. My jeans are looser but no one has really noticed so far.
  • darla40
    Options
    i would think its more gaining muscle and depending on what your eating and what excercising your doing,certain foods stick more to your stomach area while others goes to your hips and thighs,if its your belly your trying to tone i like to suck in my stomach several times a day and hold it in as long as im comfprtable doing to strengthen those muscles and sit ups help. you should ask a personal trainer what excersises and foods you can do to help that area, 21lbs is great your doing fantastic, one thing i learned is never compare yourself to anyone our bodys may be the same height etc.. but our metabilisms are not,and they could be eating or doing other stuff to get different results,just stay focused on what your doing,eating right and getting the proper excersise in will be your best option.. i hope this helps